 General / 12411
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 08:25:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jamie Obrien writes:
Hi, Ok then. how many of you have bought a set that has obviously been
hacked, had pieces deliberatley stolen! I just picked up an Android
base on sale ($45 AUS) and it was missing Instructions, 16x32 grey
Baseplate and those 2 Trans Blue 1/4 domes!!!! I could have taken it
back, but the store has no more, and all i can do now is to try and
contact Lego Oz and hope they can help!! I here that when the star
wars stuff came out, a lot of sets were scummed, mainly by kids. Is
this becoming a common traight world wide, and why don't Lego make the
sets more tamper proof!!

A piece deliberately stolen?  YES!  I recently bought a 25th Anniversary DUPLO
bucket that someone had bought, taken the silver brick out, and returned!  The
polybag that was supposed to hold the brick had a tiny hole in it - just big
enough to remove the one brick.  I was furious, as of course this one brick
was the only reason I bought the bucket!

--
  David Schilling