 Off-Topic / Geek / 889
Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:53:08 GMT

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 01:33:01 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

Me either.  My two co-admins and I just sat there and barely
contained our urge to vomit while we went through the installer.  If
I hadn't feared the 40 gig drive would give <6.1 fits I would have
scrounged around for my 5.2 or 6.0 cds...

6.0 is 2.2.7 or something, isn't it? Shouldn't that deal with 40G?

Yeah.  If I had more money to blow (I don't - especially after
buying my new TV and still needing a new DD/DTS receiver/speaker
package) I'd have SCSI in that box, but it's purely personal and
non-production, so I don't mind.

Light load helps a lot. Though if you were planning on running a full
feed for yourself, light load isn't exactly the word...

Heh, took me long enough.  And the crappy thing is, I will need to
recertify in the Win2k track by the end of 2001.  Best thing,

Not like win2k should be more difficult than NT. I think with a book,
some practice, and just the $100 test you can probably pass it easily.

though, is my employer is paying and has paid for 100% of the
training and tests.  'Course, the curriculum I'm developing and the
classes I will soon start teaching will save them close to $200k per
year, assuming they're wise enough to give me a raise, so they're
getting their money's worth.

And if they don't give you a raise, you walk? Won't you have to pay
them the training costs back then?

Jasper