 Castle / 4100 (+100)
  Re: new adventurers set soon? maybe? :)

(...) site (...) Seeing the tail on that Steg gave me an idea: Wouldn't BROWN dragons be cool? I mean, they've got green and black, so why not give brown a go? I hear not many people were that impressed with the dragons, but I loved them. Hopefully (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle)

  Re: new adventurers set soon? maybe? :)

(...) Great, that just great! I had an idea over two years ago to create the ultimate heavy cavalry unit. An elite Dragon Lancer core of fifty fully equipped knights upon fifty of these winged beasts. Now that my unit is almost complete I find (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I'm rather annoyed with myself...

Scott Symer wrote in message ... (...) I *thought* it was on his site, but I couldn't find it last night. Thanks! That is it exactly. Brian (bbq) Sauls (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: new adventurers set soon? maybe? :)

(...) ROTFLMAO. Aye, if you must. Just go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C., go past the long line of interns, club the security guards, and you should find me sleeping in an eliptical office, because my "wife" kicked me out of the bed. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle)

  Re: new adventurers set soon? maybe? :)

(...) OMG, now I'm ROFLMAO... Now, Chris, tell me-- is the eliptical office really purple?! (1) -Shiri (XFUT .o-t.fun) (1) Aw, shucks, only Israelis will get this... OK, explanation: in Israel, eliptical was translated into "Sgalgal", which is an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

Quite some pictures are u pin a point&click visual tour. But it isn't complete and it should have more captions and texts. But I'm awfully busy with my real-life job and you may prefer some pics over none. (URL) from menu: Buildings: Estuary (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Where to find the best LEGO $$$

(...) O.K. I have one question to ask before I’m off to assassinate the President… Hey, wait a minute… isn’t it an offence to insinuate death threats to the President of the United States of America? No, I don’t need to worry I’m Canadian I have (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) Although always washing any Lego elements picked up from boot sales, charity shops etc I've found that the worst cases are those amongst my own collection which have been played with a lot. When I left the dark ages about three years ago I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where to find the best LEGO $$$

(...) Aye, I'll bet they're watching me as we type... (...) The BEST place to buy legos in bulk is...(drum roll please)...Garage sales. Yeah, really. You can get some great deals, and get alot for cheap. Just hunt around town, several days a week. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

"Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote in message news:FsnKzF.69z@lugnet.com... (...) over (...) Great stuff! The detail is awesome, I think you've lifted castle-building to a new level , like you did for trains with the dutch-railway station (for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: My forestmen loss

Jonathan Reynolds <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message news:Fso1BF.3qs@lugnet.com... (...) charity (...) collection (...) years (...) years (...) bricks (...) the (...) People in general seem to really dislike discolored brick. I don't (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

Hey Eric! I'm flabbergasted, that's great! ^^^...^^^ (wait, is that the right word? Um, I mean positive connotation anyhow). I like it a lot and can't wait to see more. I've already been planning on copying your round-building design for a while and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: My website is operational

Waaaaah! What cool armor on Jimmy Seifer! What set is it from? I just got into legos at age 29 (never could afford them as a kid), so I haven't seen many of the old sets except on LugNet. Haven't seen that armor type, though. Very cool! Love the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) That's a UFO armor. HTH! -Shiri (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Hey, glad you like my work. Jimmy's armor is actually from the UFO series of space sets. It's also included in some Insectoids sets. I think it looks really cool with the KK guy's torso. Wilson (...) working. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) It is also available in certain Insectoid sets. So far, I've seen it in both Dk grey and Black. It could be available in other colors as well, but I haven't seen any others....yet. (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

I finished my inn... I have a teaser story up... I combined them both... Also, check out the main page - there's another teaser pic, for the first chapter as well. What more can I say?! Oh, one more thing. The girl in the teaser story is Matthew (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

(...) man, these are some beautiful pics! i can't wait for some close-ups, and hopefully, interior views! the over-all look is truly impressive and feels very real. later ~ craig~ (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

in article FsnKzF.69z@lugnet.com, Eric Brok at brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl wrote on 4/7/00 8:39 AM: (...) @#$&! I'm completely gobsmacked! (1). I would love to see some more detailed pictures. I am completely astounded by the scale of the structure. I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Estuary Stronghold Pictorial Tour

Wow! Amazing as usual, Eric. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Eric Brok <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote in message news:FsnKzF.69z@lugnet.com... (...) over (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) The Inn looks great Shiri. Those are some pretty tight rooms on the second floor but I do like the layout and how you used the angled doors to fit everything in. I also noticed the one outside corner in red and the one other read slope mixed (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

Nice job, darlin'. I like the way you used the angled doors to conserve space. Tried somethin' like that myself, but I didn't like the way it worked, so I scrapped it. Also, that worker's hut sounds like a cool idea. If you do it, let us all know. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Thanks! I thought that three rooms are not enough... The beds are also designed to conserve space, although I don't have close-up pics. The are centered on 2 1x1 rounds, and the rounds are restraightened by using 2x1 tiles w/center stud... (I (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) The inn looks realy cool. I like the way you used the angled doors. I may have to try that some time. You've made great use of a tight space and have added some nice little details. An inn is just ripe with story posibilities and it looks like (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Thanks! (...) Thanks. I want to be an architect, so while my aunt and uncle were renovating, I paid close attention to the architect's ideas... I liked the way she had used an angled door on my cousin's room, that way it added space to both (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) shiri~ it seems to me, your inn has a bit of an "ancient world" look to it, that reminds me of pictures i've seen of buildings in israel, egypt, and even pakistan, (where my cousins grew up.) it's very interesting how all of our individual (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Hmm, I never thought of it that way... I guess I am a bit more influenced from ancient Israeli/Middle Eastern buildings than European, after all that *is* where I grew up... In school we always had field trips to some ancient ruins... (Oh, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Hey Shiri, great job. I've been waiting to see the completed inn for a while now. I , like everyone else, also like the single, angled doors to the rooms. I don't think I've ever tried that. The teaser's pretty cool too, I like Jon. He looks (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Thanks! I haven't tried it either, until now when I realized that would be a great space-conservation thing (they say need is the father of invention, eh? :) (...) LOL, never thought of that. As I was typing the teaser (after most of the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Blue torso

I know this may not be castle related, but I was wondering if any of you know what set a solid blue torso comes with. I have one on my water elemental (URL) , and I believe Pawel has one for his too, but I don't know where it came from. If any of (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

(...) Wow. A solid blue torso. I believe I have at least one, let me think... Hey, thanks! I just went to hunt down what set it was, and discovered another thing in the process... The set I got it from is definitely <set:6356>. This was either my (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Blue torso

(...) Gotta love plain torsos. Wish more set had them today. Anyway, plain Blue torsos have been around for a while and if I were to just pick a number of set that have them I would probably guess about 30 or more sets have had plain Blue torsos. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

Wilson Raska wrote in message ... (...) know (...) 6648 Dump Truck (1980) 575 Coast Guard Station (1977) (minifigs had stickers) 6624 Delivery Van (1983) 542 Street Crew (1979) 560 Town House (1977) 605 Street Sweeper (1978) 607 Mini Loader (1979) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

Kevin Salm wrote in message ... (...) just (...) That's going to be one of the nice things about the Football Team Buses... 5, maybe 6 plain torsos in each. Frank (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

(...) Unless they have numbers on the back. Alan (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

(...) I suspect they'll have stickers, like the previous promo. Someone mentioned that each bus would come with stickers for 4 teams. Frank (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

Thanks everyone for the info. I greatly appreciate it. Wilson (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Ninja page update (not mine :-)

Don't know if anyone saw this, but John Robert Blaze Kanehl (1) updated his homepage with a cool ninja creation... Nice job, John! I like the columns and narrow passages, and can relate to "no room in apartment" ;-) Anyway, here's da link: (URL) So (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) No, I hadn't seen that yet. Very cool! I'm glad that someone's keeping the Ninja spirit alive... :) I really liked the columns with the 1x1 angled bricks -- nice way to take something that could be "blah" and give it pizazz! Chris -- Remove (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blue torso

(...) There are 8-10 of them in Minifig Box #2 (which I sent off to Susan Hoover this week). (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

(...) Wow, I'll tell you the model does not excite me but the parts look awsome!!! I can see myself buying these in bulk for quite a while. I have added .castle and .general to the list because I think everyone would be interested in the parts in (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

(...) HECK YEAH! The color seems a bit wonky...is that 'light blue' color actually light grey? And are those 4 light grey extreme corner slopes?! J, droooooooling... (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

(...) Am I prolly looking ? :) (Have to look up prolly in my dictionary...no-one told me I was looking like that...;) (...) The set costs about US$ 50 and is only available in Germany at TRS (which kind of s....) I don´t know if you still have some (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

It looks nice! I like the teaser story too. I guess that those gray slopes that are en route will help to correct those few red/dark gray ones still on there! It has a very heavy look to it which is nice. I like the angled door approach that you (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) Thnaks! (...) Ah-yep! (...) I'm not really sure what you mean by "heavy look"...? (...) Yeah, I really had to be minimalistic there... (...) Thanks!! -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Other collections?

I'm sorry people. I haven't been ignoring you, it's just that my other hobbies have taken me away from .castle(1) You see, I don't just collect castle legos, I collect star wars legos, and star wars figures. Both of my star wars infatuations cost A (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!

(...) The tall columns, fancy windows, and arch on the side of the building give it (to me) the flavor of a "reclaimed building"- ie, it looks like it was once a much larger and grander building that fell to ruin and was rebuilt in part by the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) great oriental architecture!! the roof's shape and long "curves" are stunning! reveal the serets of those columns along the entrance hall, please! are they on 2x2 turnables? they look set into the structure diagonaly. this subtly compliments (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Other collections?

(...) Penguin Classics, with a black spine Decks of cards, no nudies though ! Old Hi Fi...... Michael Pratt (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) Not to steal John's thunder, but it's just a matter of orienting the brick that way when you put it on the brick under it. Take a 1x1 brick and stick it on a stud- you can turn it, still mounted on the stud, 360 degrees. So, when placing the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Other collections?

My favourites are Castle, Space, Star Wars (as my .sig probably gives away), and Adventurers. I have large projects planned for all of them, but I'm usually only working on one at a time. Right now, I'm building a large multi-deck space cruiser. -- (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

(...) grey? (...) Judging from the colour of the battledroids and other already-known pieces, that really light blue is actually tan. I'm guessin that the darker smoky blue is actually dark grey, and the middle blue is light grey. Paul Davidson (...) (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

(...) Actually, I think that's white. The tan looks tan in this picture (and-- ooh, there's a lot of it!!). (...) Yeah, that's what I think. -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) That's what's great about it - simple but very refreshing. A new look to an old, bleh thing, as Chris mentioned. (...) Huh? Is he against customizing or something? -Shiri (24 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) Do you know how close you came to a pun? John's thunder - that's awfully close to Johnny Thunder, the Adventurer! Ha Ha :0) <<KM>> (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) The 1x1 tall pieces were put to great use but I love the white lattice fences on the second floor. And the size of the gatehouse is very awe-inspiring. Would make any decent army think twice. Way to go in moving japanese castle development (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MTT Inventory picture

Ahhh... the power of Photoshop (And a boring lunchhour :) White = Tan The Smokey Dark Blue is Dark Gray The Smokey Light Blue is Light Gray The Green is actually the Cyan The Black is Black (Oh, you knew that right?) Ditto the Brown Hoards of great (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) Sorry, I made a comic book joke because I assumed Craig would get it. In Marvel Comics in the 70's a guy named Johnny Blaze was the host for Ghost Rider, the Spirit of Vengeance. He got quite upset when innocents were harmed. eric (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My forestmen loss

(...) Actually, some of those culprits are probably older CA bricks & plates, which were used for Lego before they switched to ABS. Presumably, one of the reasons they switched from CA is because it is much more susceptible to UV warping and (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Other collections?

(...) Well, my collections are: a) Lapel Pins and buttons - about 12,000 (mostly corporate, not realy Hard Rock or Olympic Games except by accident) b) Christmas albums (The crown jewels in my collection are the Terry Bradsahw album and the Captain (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) ;-) yeah, i always think of ghost rider or the human torch when i see johnny's name. a ghost rider mini-fig doesn't require any customizing ~ just mix-n-match a skull and white hands on a black leather jacket torso. add a flame element on the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) John's project helped me get inspired over the weekend, and I decided to implement the basement/wall plans I've been working on. It turned nicely into a five-story keep, more-or-less in the style of Odawara Castle. The first story is a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) I tried some of that. I think that GR wore gloves, though, didn't he? I used black hands. I also tried sticking the flame element in the top of the skull, but thought it looked kinda wussy for GR. :D I tried to puzzle out a way to attatch them (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

Hi Jason! Your castle sounds very cool! Any chance we'll get to see pics soon? (...) I'm having similar problems - I want to have my characters DO stuff, or to pose in specific poses, and it's hard with the very non-articulate minifigs... Yuck! (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) Thanks! Good question, though. I don't have a digital camera, so I kind of have to take shots in batches, which is why I don't have anything newer than what Pawel's scanned in. Actually, I need a scanner of my own, too. I'll disassemble the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) <snip> (...) Great! I can't wait to see the Verneer Chronicles chapter you and Pawel created! (...) True... still, when I compare them to Belville figs (for example) and I see what I can do with a BV fig that I can't with a m-f, I get annoyed (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) Yeah, tell me about it. To be honest, I think it takes a zillion bricks to get over that feeling, cause you always seem to need *that* particular piece in *that* color for a project, which of course you don't have. *chuckle* I think Conan (...) (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  FT: King's Castle 6080

Hi there! I desperately need to trade away an excellent condition King's Castle, minus minifigs. I am looking for a 6085 or 6086 (Black Monarch's Castle or Black Knight/Dungone Master's Castle) with or without minifigs, and/or other older castle (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Knight's Sawmill

Does anyone know where to find the full instructions for building the Knight's Sawmill [referenced by (URL) On a related note, are the Idea Books scanned anywhere on the net - or is that a TLG "no-no"? thnx in advance, squidgiex (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Sawmill

(...) related note, are the Idea Books scanned (...) It's in the idea book 250, pages 40 - 42. And yes, the scanned images are available online at BrickShelf.com, see: (URL) Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: King's Castle 6080

Hi Matt! (...) <snip> The lugnet.castle newsgroup (as all the other theme-NGs) are not intended for buy/sell/trade posts. There is a special group for that: (URL) fact, I saw you already posted the same message there. I'm glad you found it! I don't (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) Modern practitioners of Wicca will generally disavow any accusations of sacrifice, soul-selling, etc. The Wiccan Rede is: "An thou harm none, do as thou wilt." Just thought I'd mention it so you don't inadvertently offend any Wiccans. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FT: King's Castle 6080

(...) That's not actually true. Only auctions are verboten outside of the .market .auction group by the Terms of Use Agreement. Non-auction solicitations aren't strictly verboten by the Agreement, but generally they're frowned upon by most people. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) Thank you! I like the columns and narrow passages I didn't like the "blah" flat look so I rotated them...the gaps are thin but very use ful for archers and pikemen; the rotation also adds to a subtle elegance , and can relate to "no (...) It's (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) Wow! I thought you didn't like the Ninja theme = ) (just when I thought no one was paying attention.... (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) Inever thought about the icky bits myself....upon reflection, my story has its share of violence and mayhem, but I guess I will have to consider my story presentation more carefully... my knowledge of wicca is limited, but elements of my story (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) It's kind of you to consider the practitioners of alternative faiths like this -- but it's not like Wiccans own either paganism or the past. Much is unknown about the past and I suppose one can make up nearly anything one wants about it. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (not mine :-)

(...) I never said that. I said I don't do Ninja, but that's NOT because I don't like it; It's because a) I have no clue about oriental-structures, lifestyles-- anything, and b) my budget is only so big and I have to focus on one thing that I can at (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)

(...) Digression continues... This was specifically in reference to the use of the word "wiccans", and not because of the use of the word "pagans". I think pagan is a much more generic term and I don't believe it refers to a specific faith - just (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Idle Ramblings

I have nothing really important to say. I just thought I'd ramble on about something I'm making, but haven't taken any pictures of yet. (I had planned to take pictures of the building process, but you know how it is when you get on a roll...you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of our meeting in Horst

(...) Maximum Droolage! Check out that castle!!! --Todd (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Pics of our meeting in Horst

(...) Yes very cool. I think this is Eric Brok's Estuary Stronghold. (URL) an incredible creation. I love Eric's Dioramas. I also love the White building/fortress/I am not sure what to call it. Another incredibly detailed model. Eric Kingsley The (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

Hey Jeff! I'm always happy to hear any kind of "ramble" (IMO it's not ramble anyhow) as long as it's castle related <grin>... In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes: <snip> Sounds like a great layout! Using hinges is really good, I like accessible (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of our meeting in Horst

(...) Yep, I recognized it too... tres chic, I must say. (...) I think my keyboard is wrecked from the drool. ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

(...) Yep, and since this is being built specifically for a story, accessible interiors are very important! I actually always try to have accessible interiors, just because things are so much cooler that way. After all, why have an interior if you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

(XP to .org.cw 'coz part of it is about CW stories... but not FUT 'coz it's not totally CW. if replying to the CW part, kindly FUT .org.cw!) (...) Right! On an aside, interiors are my favorite part of buildings.... somewhat because it's just as (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Pics of our meeting in Horst

(...) Holy cow you are right! I am drooling too!!! Everybody go see it, or you're missing out! Bryan (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)

I've just thrown some quic pics up on my site. They're in the directory (URL) captions, no HTML, just eight 640x480 pics of the castle as it is now. (...) The Sphinx Secret Surprise (for $9!) mostly, I think. But there must have been others. I know (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)

(...) hey, looks great! I'll comment later, I gotta be brief now, but -- very cool! (...) Actually, I'm not quite to the Sweet 16 yet... but so close that I can't help thinking of it as 16... ("just two more months, Shiri... relax!" ;-) So nope, (...) (24 years ago, 11-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)

(...) Very impresive. Excelent use of BURPS and wall peices. I love the way you built the castle over water and worked it so well into the interior. Cant wait to see it completed. Cale (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: AAT Images and inventory scans are up!

(...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Re: AAT Images and inventory scans are up!

(...) A-yep! I can't wait to see what Craig'll do when he gets his hands on a few ;-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes: <snip> (Have an adult cut along the dotted lines) ---...--- (...) LIAR!!! You still have 2 months to go! Just like me!!! <<KM>> (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Idle Ramblings

(...) Hey, yo, whoa! I know, and I admitted it! (see bottom part of (URL) hold yer horses, and cars too! I won't be able to drive for two months yet, neither will you; but hey, a girl can dream, can't she? <grin> -Shiri FUT .people, .off-topic.fun (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.people)

  LEGO Creator System: Knights' Kingdom

Republication of LEGO MEDIA press release of Feb 16, 2000: (URL) Media Announces New Build-and-Play CD-ROM Game, LEGO Creator System: Knights' Kingdom Follow-up title to the popular LEGO CreatorTM CD-ROM builds on all-new LEGO Castle play range (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad, lugnet.games.lego.creator, lugnet.lego.announce) !

  Re: Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)

(...) Ooooh, very nice. I loved the beach especially, and the door leading to the beach. I make my docks a little differently: I use one height of 1x2 and 1x4 brown "wood" sections (what Fort Legoredo is built with) above and below the rightmost and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of the WIP (was Re: Idle Ramblings)

(...) I've done docks like that, too. The Shanghai Surprise set has one like that, in fact. Trouble is that almost all of my 'log bricks' are in use in the Desert Outpost. (...) There isn't one at present, but that's because I haven't finished the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Drawbridges

I've seen lots of different (and awesome) drawbridges on people's castles here, but I've never seen one like I'm about to attempt. I'm curious if anyone has done this, and if so, how they dealt with the issue of the drawbridge getting caught on (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) A long time ago, I experimented w/ this style of bridge... I used tiles to start and manually retracted it w/ my finger...I later added a winch, but this led to some stress issues and imbalanced/jerky motion... Before trying to use old technic (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Drawbridges

(...) I would personally use the round, 2x2 'disc tiles' or whatever they are called. Slightly curved bottom, 4 studs on top, so they can attach to the bottom of your drawbridge plate. They're often used on small boats to keep them from 'sticking' (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact