 Castle / 4164
Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 21:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Jason!

Your castle sounds very cool! Any chance we'll get to see pics soon?

Thanks! Good question, though. I don't have a digital camera, so I kind of have
to take shots in batches, which is why I don't have anything newer than what
Pawel's scanned in. Actually, I need a scanner of my own, too.

I'll disassemble the Ninja Shikkangakou set I made for a chapter of the
Verneer Chronicles, and try setting up my castle for real. It'll be a little
tricky, since I need to have plates on about three different levels to model
the flow of water around the castle. Good thing I have lots of books...

So, I might be able to take a set of teaser shots this weekend. Maybe.

In lugnet.castle, Jason Catena writes:
everybody sits cross-legged (okay, use your
imagination:)

I'm having similar problems - I want to have my characters DO stuff,
or to pose in specific poses, and it's hard with the very non-articulate
minifigs... Yuck!

Yeah, but lego minifigs are a lot more flexible than other types of figures
when it comes to accessories. I've tried to create "static moments in time"
to avoid most of the articulation problems, but it's surprising how much
emotion and purpose you can get out of just how the arms are positioned, for
example.

2. mystery room, haven't figured it out yet, probably library/treasury/
observatory;
3. bedchamber for the Emperor and family... he doesn't get out much,
there seems to be something wrong with him, and he's looking *rather*
unhealthy;

Oooh! Both of these have *lots* of potential... can't wait to hear what's
going on there!

Heh, thanks. :) The mystery room is intended to show how advanced the culture
is, with books and a telescope and such, to show that this is an enlightened
regime, rather than a tyrannical rule. (1) On the flip side of that, I've got a
throne, gate, and host (set of servants) for my main bad guy, and where he
hangs out is pretty creepy. (2)

Why the emperor is in the condition he's in is a really important and
influential part of the realm, and ties together a whole bunch of different
things. So, it's going to be a mystery for a while. ;)

Jason

(1) Oh! I just remembered I need a Go table in there. (Hmmm, a straightedge,
white or tan 2x2 tile, and a fine-tip sharpie....)

(2) Here's a question for anyone, just to make sure I'm reading this group
right: I've included a certain amount of real-life nastiness between people to
explain why certain relationships are the way they are, why certain sources of
power exist, and to explore how horrific the evil side really is (and, of
course, to justify the good and neutral sides' struggles against the evil).
This stuff that I've made up is really not for family consumption, most kids
have no desire to know adults behave towards each other like this. So I was
going to just leave this information in my backstory, not publish it, and only
hint at it in really obscure ways if necessary. Does this sound like a good
approach?