 Castle / 4178
Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:38:11 GMT

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Modern practitioners of Wicca will generally disavow any accusations of
sacrifice, soul-selling, etc.  The Wiccan Rede is: "An thou harm none, do as
thou wilt."  Just thought I'd mention it so you don't inadvertently offend any
Wiccans.  Digression over.

It's kind of you to consider the practitioners of alternative faiths like
this -- but it's not like Wiccans own either paganism or the past.

Digression continues...

This was specifically in reference to the use of the word "wiccans", and not
because of the use of the word "pagans".  I think pagan is a much more generic
term and I don't believe it refers to a specific faith - just any non
Judeo-Christian one.  Wicca/Wiccan on the other hand, does refer to a specific faith.

So to sum up:
Pagan priests carrying out dark rituals of human sacrifice: probably not offensive.
Wiccans carrying out dark rituals of human sacrifice: probably offensive.

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m