 Castle / 4161
Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 19:01:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
Don't know if anyone saw this, but John Robert Blaze Kanehl (1) updated his
homepage with a cool ninja creation...

Nice job, John! I like the columns and narrow passages, and can relate to "no
room in apartment" ;-)

Anyway, here's da link:
http://community-2.webtv.net/johnNYblaze44/johnNYblazeswebpage/

-Shiri
(1) So what should we call you on a day-to-day basis? John Blaze? John Kanehl?
Johnny? :-)

John's project helped me get inspired over the weekend, and I decided to
implement the basement/wall plans I've been working on. It turned nicely
into a five-story keep, more-or-less in the style of Odawara Castle. The
first story is a two-level balconied hall (and the strongest part of the
keep). The remaining stories are:

  1. the (imperial?) throne room/audience chamber (being Japanese, though,
there is no real throne, everybody sits cross-legged (okay, use your
imagination:) on a thick plush carpet;
  2. mystery room, haven't figured it out yet, probably library/treasury/
observatory;
  3. bedchamber for the Emperor and family... he doesn't get out much, there
seems to be something wrong with him, and he's looking *rather* unhealthy;
  4. very small attic.

The keep is built on two 16x32 plates, and the building splits a couple studs
back from the middle (this was tricky;), allowing complete interior access.
It's also an integral part of/built as an extension to the outer defensive
wall, unlike the other buildings (except the gatehouse) in the castle
courtyard.(2)

I also rebuilt my kitchen/pantry, and my barracks/armory/dining hall (though
only the bunk beds are done in the latter).

So I'm working on furnishing the keep's mystery room and bedroom, the dining
hall/armory, and the upper story (residence and storage) of the blacksmith
forge.

Jason

(1) I just like building, all the day long, where no one is screaming: "be
good, Johnny..."

(2) So far I've built the following: the castle floor plan has ten plates (8
32x32, 2 16x32) all pinned together with technic pegs. In addition to the keep,
inside the courtyard there's a one-story stable, a one-story prison, a
two-story kitchen/pantry, a keep-sized two-story barracks/armory/dining hall,
and a two-story blacksmith residence/storage/forge. Outside the castle, there's
a fortified bridge over the moat defending the gatehouse. Downstream a bit is a
dam, and a rice patty with a whole lot of peasant workers.