 Castle / 4166
Re: Ninja page update (mine :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:02:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
True... still, when I compare them to Belville figs (for example) and I see
what I can do with a BV fig that I can't with a m-f, I get annoyed that I
don't have enough bricks to build BV-scale castles... ;-)

Yeah, tell me about it. To be honest, I think it takes a zillion bricks to get
over that feeling, cause you always seem to need *that* particular piece in
*that* color for a project, which of course you don't have. *chuckle*

I think Conan prolly doesn't feel like that, though. ;)

Go table = ?

"Go" is a Chinese/Japanese strategy game. You and another player take turns
placing white (one player) and black (the other player) stones on the
intersections of nineteen lines with nineteen other lines. Your goal is to be
in control of the most territory at the end of the game. (See www.telgo.com for
more information.)

Wow. I don't know. There are, after all, kids who read this NG (tho' not much,
granted). I think obsecure ways are fine, altho' personally I wouldn't mind
hearing the nastier sides (and by some definitions, I'm still a "kid").

Well, I've decided to avoid publishing the really nasty bits. Foul might be a
better word. If you're familiar with some of the more unusual age-old practices
of pagans and wiccans and demon-worshippers (oh my!), you'll understand that
some of the things they did to harness supernatural powers isn't reported
today. Heck, even the Grimm Fairy Tales have been substantially cleaned up.

Or... maybe I'll hide the gory details somewhere, for the fanatically curious
and un-squeamish. Free speech, and all that. But for the most part I'll keep
the pages unoffensive to the average viewer (I mean, not many people care
enough about those details of my world to subject themselves to it. That's my
job, to keep a consistent world running behind the scenes.)

If this thread goes on for much longer we should probably move it to
lugnet.off-topic.debate.