 Castle / 4120
Re: Bloodstone Inn completed, teaser story up!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:06:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
I finished my inn... I have a teaser story up... I combined them both...

Also, check out the main page - there's another teaser pic, for the first
chapter as well.

What more can I say?!

Oh, one more thing. The girl in the teaser story is Matthew Wilkins'
character, we're considering a mutual storyline... meanwhile, WYSIWYG.

Main page:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/

The complete Bloodstone Inn, and the teaser story:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/inn_story.html

Revamped Progress page (thumbnails + recombined all the six updates):
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/inn.html

Oh, and if you want to see a close-up picture of Kfir (I couldn't fit it in
anywhere):
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/Inn7I_big-Kfir.jpg

PLMKWYT!

The Inn looks great Shiri.  Those are some pretty tight rooms on the second
floor but I do like the layout and how you used the angled doors to fit
everything in.

I also noticed the one outside corner in red and the one other read slope mixed
in with the grey slopes at the indent of the outside wall.  Is this planned or
did you just not have enough grey slopes?

I realize being a student money can get pretty tight, but seeing you are in
need of a few 2x2 grey round bricks, if you are also looking for these slopes
in grey for that area I would suggest saving for an X-Wing <set:7140> .  This
is the only set I know of that has the inside corner slope in Grey it also has
at least 4 2x2 rounds and several other grey slopes.  Plus it is a great set
for parts in general.

Are there any plans to hook into that arch on the right side of the Inn?  I
know you mentioned a stable but is that on the back burner for now?

The one other thing I really liked about your design is that the floors lift
off to reveal each lower floor.  I wish I had taken this tact with my Inn.  I
tried to use technic pins but with the way my Inn evolved this turned out to
not be very practical.  I may have to try this approach with my Inn if I ever
get brave enough to disassemble it that much and reengineer its design.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: