 Castle / 4110
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:37:24 GMT

Jonathan Reynolds <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Fso1BF.3qs@lugnet.com...

Although always washing any Lego elements picked up from boot sales, • charity
shops etc I've found that the worst cases are those amongst my own • collection
which have been played with a lot. When I left the dark ages about three • years
ago I opened up a box of all my Lego which had been stored for over ten • years
(and I thought that pathetic collection was a lot!).

Using the soak/soap technique already mentioned I also found that a dish-
scrubbing brush helped but was VERY VERY time consuming. Some bricks just
would not clean up like the others and it soon dawned on me that these • bricks
were actually discoloured due to age or whatever. White plates seem to be • the
worst culprits here.

People in general seem to really dislike discolored brick.   I don't
understand this.  In many other areas an object is valued more because of
the developed patina .   Not every building/structure benefits from uniform
perfection of color.  Variation, the unexpected radomness or of an offcolor
brick, I think  add depth and texture to a constrution.  Older brick have a
history, usually unknown, but I enjoy imagining where it could have been
before.  Old bricks deserve love and respect...

sheree

Due to my ignorance at the time, I discarded a rare component from set 120
which had a minor crack in it - how I cringe now!

I used to have an industrial dishwasher used in a business venture some • years
ago - this would be ideal for LEGO bricks as long as you watched the
temperature, of course. I remember using it to clean motorcyle engine • cases
with fantastic results!

Jon