 Castle / 4158
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:38:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
Using the soak/soap technique already mentioned I also found that a dish-
scrubbing brush helped but was VERY VERY time consuming. Some bricks just
would not clean up like the others and it soon dawned on me that these bricks
were actually discoloured due to age or whatever. White plates seem to be the
worst culprits here.

Actually, some of those culprits are probably older CA bricks & plates, which
were used for Lego before they switched to ABS.  Presumably, one of the
reasons they switched from CA is because it is much more susceptible to UV
warping and discoloring.  Check out Gary Istok's semi-informal "History of
Lego" articles:
   http://www.lugnet.com/?p=history-of-lego

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.