 Castle / 4097
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:17:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Frank Filz wrote:

For smokey LEGO, you only need to do Pine-Sol soak and then a soap
washing, no need to do a soap cycle before the Pine-Sol (though I
suppose if the pieces are extremely grungy it might be worth it). I also
sometimes do an extra soap soak before or after the long one (I've
actually taken to always doing a quick soap wash after the long soak,
the long soak does a good job of softening stuff, but it helps to wash
everything in a fresh wash solution afterwards.

What I now do (now that I've learned my lesson :) is to fill up the
upstairs bathroom sink with warm water, dump the legos in there,
and then pump a few spurts of Dial antibacterial soap in.  I swirl it
around, let it sit for an hour, rinse, and the smoke smell is totally
gone.

What's unfortuanate is that there is a good LEGO seller on eBay who
often sells new parts, who smokes like a chimney (or at least someone in
the household does). I usually have to run the packaging immediately out
of the house the reek is so bad.

Yes...  There are some people who have picked up on this and list their
Lego auctions as "smoke-free', and I'm willing to pay slightly more to avoid
the hassle and all-around grossness of smoke-encrusted bricks.  I can
usually tell if someone's a smoker when I first pick up the box, before even
opening it.  Ick.  :)

Chris (who would set Follow-up headers if he new what group this belonged in)

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.