 Castle / 6301
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 18:12:12 GMT

sheree rosenkrantz wrote:
People in general seem to really dislike discolored brick.   I don't
understand this.  In many other areas an object is valued more because of
the developed patina .   Not every building/structure benefits from uniform
perfection of color.  Variation, the unexpected radomness or of an offcolor
brick, I think  add depth and texture to a constrution.  Older brick have a
history, usually unknown, but I enjoy imagining where it could have been
before.  Old bricks deserve love and respect...

The problem is that discolored bricks usually end up looking horrible
when mixed with newer bricks. For one thing, it really highlights the
size of the bricks (unless you build your walls out of 1x2 bricks, the
bricks will be much larger in proportion to a minifig that most real
stones, and even a 1x2 brick is much much larger in proportion to a
minifig than a real brick to a person). Also, the severere yellowing
which can happen just doesn't look good at all (minor discoloration and
surface scratching does take some of the brightness out of the colors,
which can look good).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com