 Castle / 4092
Re: My forestmen loss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:35:06 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

DBR wrote:

Christopher Lindsey wrote in message
<38EC0DA3.5318EC29@nospam.mallorn.com>...
Shiri Dori wrote:

And that's just one part. Over the years I lost the brown hat, the ROUND
SHIELD and (oh, the horror!) a PITCHFORK!!!

OK, sorry for the rant. Again, I know people have lost much more then • that to
their dark ages... But I didn't actually HAVE a dark ages! And yet, I • *still*
managed to lose these vital items...

Oh no!  I sympathize with you...  But if it makes you feel any better,
I have a post-Dark Ages experience to share involving over 20 gray
castle walls.

When I started again this year I was watching all of the auctions on
Ebay trying to get a collection going again.  One night I won the
aforementioned walls and was *really* excited, planning how I was
going to use them.

Well, about a week and a half later they came, but they were pretty
nasty.  :)  They smelled like smoke, had "stuff" on them, and there was
animal hair on the bricks.  So I tried washing them in the sink with
anti-bacterial soap, but they weren't coming clean.  Being the smart
guy that I am (uh-huh) I decided that they weren't going to be clean
unless I put some really hot water over them.  I boiled a pot, then poured
it on top...

I can hear you groaning already...  :)  I now have over 20 melted walls • that
I'm saving for the battle when necromancers fling fireballs against the
castle.   :)

I have had some (Wait a sec, do I post this here?) pretty sick Lego's appear
before my eyes.

I’ve discovered a way to clean my Lego (I tried the aforementioned “boiling”
methodology as well... My bad).

I put all the dirty pieces in a pillow case - *Tie* it up. Put that pillow
case in Another pillow case, and *Tie* it up (please note how I am
enunciating on "Tie it up" <g>). Again, put that pillow case in ANOTHER
pillow case, and tie *it* up. Then, throw that baby in the washing machine
(Warm water), add a little soap, and presto! I suppose a dishwasher would
also work, but I haven't tried that (Ain't go no dishwasher.).

And there you have it! Clean as new. There is the odd brick (etc.) that will
still have a dried gummy bear <g> or something stuck to it, but what can you
do?

My solution is to SOAK the bricks. Soon after I get used LEGO which is
grungy, I put it in a bucket of warm soapy water, and leave it in the
kitchen until I have time to process it. A LOT of stuff will soak off,
though smoke smell doesn't. A bucket of water with a few drops of
Pine-Sol or similar product will take smoke smell away, but can damage
some bricks. I reccomend a fairly short soak in the Pine-Sol, and then a
very good washing, and then put them in the soaking water (the Pine-Sol
will leave an oily residue).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com