 Castle / 17600 (+100)
  Re: The Union of Two Great Themes

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HIK8o8.pnA@lugnet.com... Ok Giddens just showed me this. Came up when I was in my dim age recently. (URL) j o n ] (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will Castle be Big at Brickfest?

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets wrote: <snip> (...) Hey Benjamin, I'm sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. I remember reading this post and meaning to reply to it, but I guess the near miss hurricane and my several out of town trips took my mind (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Union of Two Great Themes

(...) No man....you don't get flamed for great work like this. Wonderful Lenny. Making a bear pit in it is great as well....how'bout pitting a classic space fig against a black knight castle fig? Just so this new found common ground doesn't spoil a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Union of Two Great Themes

Hello! (...) Hahaha! Cool :-) Nice inter-planetary keep. And I like the "good old old fashioned barbaric brutality". That meets my own cruel vein very well. Muahaha. Bye Jojo (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Balin's Tomb

Balin's Tomb from LOTR: (URL) The rest of the pictures can be found on my website under the section 'Building'. Your comments/suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks! Isaac My website: (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Balin's Tomb

(...) Nice use of light in the photo. It's pretty evocative of the movie version. The Lego skeleton in the shadow is worthy. (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  My second MOC in CAD

So I have yet to get my digital camera and have opted for the CAD approach once again. This model, as my previous one is western themed. I don't know why this theme compells me as it does, posibly becuase of the possibilities which were never (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) Very impressive, KK Quah. You've realy captured this beautifull building with your model. I've always been hoping that you would expand your line of custom sets into buildings one day. Your Japanese Castles and modular Great Wall of China, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) Manfred, Thanks for your comments. I would love to expand my line of custom sets but the worse enemy of that is finding the time. As those who have done custom sets will atest to, its a lot of work to make that happen. However, having said (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) displayed at LIC! Awesome! -Chris (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) Thanks Chris. Even though it did take some time, the store manager was convinced this was a win-win situation where LTCs/LUGs could work with TLC to help make this hobby interesting and inspire the next generation of builders. KK (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: King Arthur Library Display

Wow, sorry I missed this, dang look; it's the whole story line! Great. Ahh the details! So life like. The Cracked wall, the wheel tracks! The war torn earthen scruff. Big too! I really like the layouts you make, goodness that's alot of Lego! Nice (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: My second MOC in CAD

(...) Don't neglect the inspiration that can come from reading LUGNET posts: (URL) TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.western, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle)

  Teaser

Know this: All that I do has purpose. There is nothing I create that does not have a place, a niche. All that I build is all that I am, all that I am is the world I have created. The feathered beast always had a home in my world, this you should not (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Union of Two Great Themes

(...) Awesome, Lenny! I've considered something along these lines but never actually put bricks together. Way to go! This opens up whole new vistas. How about Moonbase Medieval Market Module? Josh (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Custom Weapons

Now ready: (URL) You can purchase them at: (URL) Thank you for looking. (PS. To those who have pre-ordered the weapons, I have already sent out your orders on Friday so they should be reaching you soon. I'd appreciate it if you can let me know when (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Balin's Tomb

(...) Very cool, Isaac. I especially like the one with the lighting effect.* But the illustration of the battle seen is very cool as well. I'll definitely link this from my page. Bruce quibble. I think this shot would be helped a lot if it were (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) ear. (...) Another masterpiece as only you can do, Quah. Though I do think your "Great Wall" is still the ultimate. Cheers, Tom (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Asian Wonder Taj Mahal at LIC Orlando

(...) Great pictures! I wonder who took them:) Oh yea I did, that's right I did and with my camera too:) As noted at LIC and on the way home, great work on the Taj Mahal! It looks even better in person. If you are in Florida visiting Orlando you (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Weapons

Hi Isaac, (...) I can find the shopping cart but I can't find how to put something in ;-) Please, help ! Denix htt://www.avalonnia.net (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: Custom Weapons

(...) Hi Denis, You can order the weapons directly from the 'Weapons and Armors' page. Simply go to the weapon you like, type in the quantity you want and then click on the 'Add to Cart' button besides it. Your order will then show up in the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  BrickFest

Hmm, I've been so busy prepping for GenCon that I've forgotten what we are doing for BrickFest. Will there be any modular sort of setup? I know I had been talking about bringing my wharf scene, but I'm thinking it may be time to bring something else (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  MOC: ye lde yellow castle

Hi, I'm new to Lugnet and would like to present my most recent MOC: a tribute to the good old yellow castle set #375: (2 URLs) Brickshelf Gallery> bye, Peter (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest

(...) Actually, I haven't seen who is overall in charge of the castle room. I wrote to Christine and posted that if she needed someone to be in charge, than I would gladly step in. I haven't seen anything posted about that. I think (and this is my (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Family Gathering...

Hi. I recently (about 2 weeks ago) had a small family gathering. One of my mom's cousin's sons came up from Tennessee. He was really looking forward in getting some castle minifigs for his castle layout(s). (Actually, he said he is in the process of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  BrickQuest Modular Dungeon System

I ran four 2-hour sessions of BrickQuest at GenCon 2003 Indy and it was very successful! All who played it had a great time; there were a couple D&Ders who liked the rules so much they were going to play it with a grid and miniatures. I made a few (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.glug, FTX) !!

  Re: MOC: ye lde yellow castle

(...) Hi Peter, Welcome to Lugnet! Your castle is great. I am a sucker for castles built on cliffs overlooking the water (I like waterfalls too). Good overall detail. The interior is well designed. Great job! Josh (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC: ye olde yellow castle

(...) Welcome! (...) Wow, very nice indeed. Cool waterfall, nice cliffs. Does ol' 375 justice. -Chris (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickQuest Modular Dungeon System

Hi Peter, Let me start off by saying this looks really cool, I went to the BrickQuest site and saw the rules and everything, and I'm impressed. One thing I'm not too comfortable with is the fact that the class minifigs are pre-generated. Maybe if (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: BrickQuest Modular Dungeon System

(...) There are a number of changes to those rules, by the way. (...) Right. That's definitely been on my mind. Of course, any minifig can stand for any class. As for customizing the classes... it was always my intention after getting the round (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Brick Battles at Gen Con!

Along with all the other events that GLUG ran this past weekend, I ran several sessions of Brick Battles, and came away extremely pleased with how it performed at it's first public outing. I brought two different scenarios along to try and show two (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.glug)

  Ikros Update: Chapter 4 plus a bonus!

Greetings and Salivations... err... Salutations Castle heads! I bring more than just a new chapter to the playing field today! So without further ado, I am pleased to announce: Ikros: Chaos Skies Chapter 4 - Noble Words As well as a whole new (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Another sin of my youth: Custom Robin Hood minifigs

Hello! When I was at home over the weekend I found some old custom made minifigures from my sinful childhood. They were inspired both by Kevin Costner's movie Prince of Thieves and by Sir Walter Scott's Ivanhoe. As usual I used lots of non-LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Green Dragon

(URL) call it a work in progress. current plans for improvement include: 1. creating a body (expanding the link where the arms are) to include legs which will support the weight 2. give it a light grey underbelly 3. give it a finished tail 4. wings (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Ikros Update: Chapter 4 plus a bonus!

(...) Interesting as always. As I've said before, you usage of the main characters in this is really evolving nicely. Garadaine in particular is especially cool. I really like the point about knowing his team so well, and also .. well, I don't want (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Another sin of my youth: Custom Robin Hood minifigs

(2 URLs) Click me, I'm a link!>> (...) Wow, Jojo.. those are some kick-butt customs! Especially Robin and the Friar Tuck - wheew! those are cool! And you can be forgiven for your heresy, for you are the Jojo. -lenstu (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  BrickQuest--Real Site Release

Except for the Modules page which I posted about on Tuesday, what was up on the BrickQuest website was outdated materials for review before playtesting. I have now updated the website and have post-playtesting, post-Gencon rules and monster stats (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.games, lugnet.org.glug) !

  Re: Green Dragon

(...) Your first priority will of course be the most difficult, since the entire weight of the model will be exerted on those legs (assuming the arms are crossed or in a fighting position). I'll just theorize on this and guess that a system of (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Green Dragon

(...) well, matt thanks for the feedback. however, i wasn't planning on using traditional hinges, or on stacking them. i used click hinges and places them side to side.. with joints at the hips, knees, and ankles. the biggest problem is not the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Green Dragon v2 & 3

I played a bit with body and have produced a latest version. (URL) folder> Version 3: Latest (URL) differences include: grey under belly wings new, improved hands cool horns red eye instead of trans-red things that need development: legs body shape (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Green Dragon v2 & 3

(...) Hmm, looking at this and the head i really think the whole part below the head needs to be enlarged, it really all seeems out of proportion to the head. I suggest either shrinking the head and lose some of the details or make the body larger (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Green Dragon v2 & 3

(...) Hey Lenny, your dragon is coming along nicely. Green is always a good choice for lizardy, reptillian things. And the accent colors were a good choice too, at least I think so. Here are a few suggestions if you'd care to read them: Widen the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Orc War Wagon

Hey Folks, Onishi Shinji built a new Goblin War Machine: (URL) And it got me inspired to make myself an Orcish War Machine, as well as a Orcish War Standard. Now I'm not sure what that four barreled thing on Onishi's war machine is, other than a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Orc War Wagon

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava wrote: snip (...) snip (...) Hello Anthony, It's a good start with some nice details already, but I'm happy to give you some suggestions. 1 - Try to mix in some black details between the brown, an Orc war device may (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Orc War Wagon

Put some overhead protection for those orcs pushing the wagon. They're going to get hit with enemy arrow fire! -Aaron "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIzDx2.1BLF@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) (...) Orcish (...) war (...) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  The Horde Gathers...

After reading the suggestions for my Orc War Wagon, I decided to alter it. And after I did so, I decided to, just for fun, assemble the Horde. (URL) I created a double sized wolf head from my Orc Wolf Rider designs, and added it to my wagon. Because (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: The Horde Gathers...

(...) Looks cool. I can't wait for some pictures of it on its own. ~Kevin Blocksidge (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Those pointy castle visors (Question)

Hello everyone! Just a quick question. Are the grey pointy visors in Lego 6081 King's Mountain Fotress considered "light grey"? The helmets and visors are a bit darker than the pieces themselves, which leads me to believe they could be considered (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Aubulus

Anubulus, ancient terror of the forgotten underworld has been stirred to back to life from an ageless sleep and is again gathering his strength. Hidden deep underground in a secret lair, Anublus and his minions worship day and night gaining power (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Those pointy castle visors (Question)

(...) According to Peeron's inventory, all of the non-black helmet accessories are dark-grey, and the shields are basic grey. If you've got examples of both, the dark-grey should be about half-way between the regular grey and black. (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Those pointy castle visors (Question)

(...) Dark Grey. The one in Hogwarts (if memory serves me correctly) is light grey. James (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Aubulus

(...) Travis, All those dudes are like nekkid! Quick, photoshop in some black bars. Looks cool though, but I imagine scenes like that would be darker (which makes photos lots harder. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Some D&D/Fantasy Thingies

Hey All, Been a while since I posted in .castle. Happened to have the camera out for something else and decided to finally snap a few pics of some things... For the D&D Campaign I am running (my Divine EmpiresTM), I have been using Lego® figures (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

Sorry, I goobered the post, this is to add groups to this message Ladies and gents and Lego enthusiasts of all ages, It is my pleasure to announce NWBrickCon 2003, hosted by the local LEGO enthusiasts of the Pacific NorthWest. NWBrickCon03 will be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some D&D/Fantasy Thingies

Cool! So I'm not the only one who uses minifigs to roleplay then. I like the way you made your shadows with their arms attached backward, which gives a more eerie feel. I also like your black puddings for some reasons. Btw, if you've more pics of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Aubulus

(...) They're all buck naked. When they bend over you can see their inbetweenis. Tee Heee (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Search for animals

(...) Hi Josh, this is what I've built for 1000steine-Land: (URL) took their places in our (Jojo & me) part of the layout: (URL) René www.1000steine.de (Prepare for ISCC III - soon on www.creativity-contest.net) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.western, lugnet.castle)

  Armor Preview - Brickfest03

Greetings all, Just a quick preview before Brickfest. I added a crown, and painted a few details(the King must look better than the regular troops). Enjoy!...and see you at the 'fest. (URL) Jeff (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some D&D/Fantasy Thingies

(...) Yah, back in college with my D&D group I pulled out my minifigs to represent characters. Our DM had never worked with a group that used miniatures at all, actually, and everyone went nuts over how customizable they were--by then (1995) Lego (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Signing off...

Well Folks, this is the last you'll hear from me till Sunday night. I'm off to go for my first time at Brickfest! My MOCs are packed, and my clothes are... well... getting packed. And I'm leaving for the airport in less than 7 hours. I'm bringing (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Crossing of Foul Utterence - Castle MOC "Dare" Build

(URL) Crossing of Foul Utterence> (URL) Legend has it - A Mysterious Object was cast from the sky - where it smashed near this stream - The Object was placed at a Tower Crossing - It is now taken over by Creatures of the Night. (4 URLs) The Object (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Crossing of Foul Utterence - Castle MOC "Dare" Build

(...) <snip> Cool, Eric. I'll tell Anthony the good news when I see him this morning on the plane :-) Lookin' forward to meeting you at the 'fest! -TJ (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Crossing of Foul Utterence - Castle MOC "Dare" Build

Whoa dude, that's sweet. Can't hardly wait to see it in person. But, I gotta ask, is it a mecha with clumpy black feet, or some sort of funky train station, or a Evil Stevie's Pirate Game scenario island, or what? (the dino can tops are just the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

Is this going to be every year? I live out side of Spokane right now but in the fall of 2005 I will be moving to Seattle to finish up the last two years of college for my four year degree. Hopefully it will still be going on so I go to it then. (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

(...) At this time we are planning this event annually. So when you come out to Seattle look us up! SeaLUG is always happy for more members and we love our NWBC! Mark Neumann (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Armor Preview - Brickfest03

Hey, nice work! I'm not big on customizations myself, but I must say that this looks wonderful. It almost reminds me of the armor of Dertand du Guesclin, Constable of France, 1380. -Ben Harris (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Friday Review in Castle Room...BF2003

It was a great day in Castle Room. As the co-ordinator of the room, I am pleased to say that it was a great day. The MOCs people have brought, while not as much as last year (no modular castle village), the quality is at the same, or even better. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

I am now posting Fridays Questionnaire for those who couldn't make it up to BF2003, so we as a castle community can have a bit of feedback on what to do next... 1. Name (Optional) 2. What do you like doing with Castle-related material? 3. What do (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Ben Ellermann (...) I do not understand what you mean. I do enjoy reading about castles and visiting them. (...) I like the military design of castles and the role they played in the past. (...) They can represent the subjugation of people. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Bruce Hietbrink (...) Current large project: Illustrating the Lord of the Rings (...) You mean castles themselves, this Lugnet group, or the Lego theme? On the theme, I would say my favorite things are the figs and their gear. The castles (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Farm Animals

(...) Verry nice done, do you have building instructions for the ox too? I can't figure out how you fix the ox tail on the body! Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Hop-Frog, or see above. Does no one read Poe any longer? (...) Building, Baby, building!!! (...) I think I just like the pageantry of it all. (...) I think I have to go with Ellerman on this one. Class structure is a necessity when it comes to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Without the turret element, as seen here: (URL) You wouldn't be able to make certain kinds of tower structures which I happen to like. You could "almost" replace this element with more modular bricks, but not quite -- and you would then need (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) First off, greeting to you lucky SOBs. I wish I had the money to go out there with everyone. Is it too much to ask for a brickfest somewhere in the middle, like chicago?? Anyways, I can't wait to see what you've all shown. (...) Erick (...) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) I would love this too but it will not happen. I think minifigs are essential to play. I know figure packs never flew off of shelves. SAH should offer them. (...) I agree completely. I appreciate having a "castle" accessory pack but where is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

Hi Richard, (...) Ages ago I suggested that TLC will create an equivalent set for Castle as they made for City 9293 (URL) to include like 30 minifig of castles from all times. So far they havn't listen. (...) Also that set is missing "Minifig Helmet (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) I have none. (...) I have one. (...) Just buy the stuff you really want and pass on the rest. I have already resigned myself to collecting slowly over time and building just as slowly besides. I still have fun. I could have more fun, I (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Those 2 are just examples of many more (as it so happens I don't have neither). (...) True, I'm far from being a millionaire but still I try to buy the sets that are worth more others (to me) and it still far fetch from being cheap. After all (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: MOC: ye lde yellow castle

Yep, the 375 has to be "tributed" in that kind of way.... ! :) Nice work ! Kai (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)

(...) Jason Spears (...) Um...Movies - I watch them. Books - I read them. Lego sets - I build them gleefully. (...) I'm not even sure how to describe it. But I love all that stone, and the fortifications, and the tapestries, and the swords, and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  BF 2003 Saturday Questionnaire...

Hi I was unable to post yesterday (Sunday August 10th), so the Saturday roundtable questionnaire on Ballads will be posted tommorrow. I am just amazed at the response with the Friday Questionaire. I think that is awesome. The Saturday Roundtable (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BF 2003 Saturday Questionnaire...

(...) Alright, I'm looking forward to it! (...) I was actually considering to go, however, the issue of travel costs once again posed an issue, as well as the actual prospects of getting time off from my preoccupations (college won't break until the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle Builder's Guild

Hello fellow castleheads, I am pleased to announce a new castle website in the process of being put together this fall. Earlier this summer Lenny Hoffman and I agreed that it would be nice to have a castle website that served several missing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  BF castle question

Hey all, Does anyone know who built the various castle MOCs shown at Brickfest? Such as: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

I'm not sure I understand why any of these things need to be done outside the boundries of Lugnet and Brickshelf. Could you better detail the reasons to have a new site and why it should be independent of the existing community here? I was thinking (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Thanks for your feedback. You raise valid points. At the very least we would like to make a site that features custom castle creations, interviews with builders, and free custom instructions. We may or may not expand beyond that. It depends on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BF castle question

(...) Bruce, The second one is from Jim Foulds. I can't remember who made the "Jack" moc, and the first pic is of a train car... Jeff (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BF castle question

(...) Oops. Cut and pasted the wrong link. I meant this one: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BF castle question

(...) That would be from Dave Eaton. (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Citadel of Kel-Nuroc

Hi gang, I would like to announce the first public showing of our latest creation at BrickFest 2003, the Citadel of Kel-Nuroc. This Moc began soon after BrickFest 2002 thanks to the ideas/comments made by attendees. Countless hours was spent (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Hi, I agree with Richard - no time to visit much more pages - especially no further forum ! "buy, sell, trade" and of course the "interview's with castle builders" will be nice on a page. Did you visit the (URL) ? That's an exelent design of a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BF castle question

(...) The "Jack" MOC is done by Jim Green (husband of Suz). Benjamin Medinets (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Hi, I really like the idea of a castle related community site. I think times have changed, if you want new people in the castle community, you'll get them in easier via a website and forum, lot's of people can't find their way to newsgroups. A forum (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Please, please don't setup something like FBTB. I really think a forum like that is vastly inferior to Lugnet's setup. I like Star Wars and LEGO, yet I never participate over at FBTB. IMHO, that kind of board, is not as friendly as Lugnet. Why (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Citadel of Kel-Nuroc

(...) Jim, Saw this at brickfest... It was kind of hard to miss. :-) Very nice work, it really made the castle room this year. Wanted to tell you when I saw you, but I managed to get somewhat caught up in the Pirate game. -Andy Lynch (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

"Jason Spears" schreef in bericht news:HJI91I.IyA@lugnet.com... (...) It's the way you categorize that is important, you don't need 12 categories to run a forum. I agree, never use a bravenet forum. It's the style of forum that I like, not (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

I think I will have to agree with most of the replies so far, that simply gathering things that already exist elsewhere on the internet is not really enough to warrant the making of a new website. And to be honest, with Lego not producing the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) I concur wholeheartedly. I have better things to do with my life than deal with a Web interface to discussion groups. LUGNET's NNTP interface lets me quickly read all the newsgroups in which I am interested (ack, 52?) without missing a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Wow, I think that I have opened a big can of worms :) I have read everyone’s responses so far. Here are some of my thoughts. How about a compromise? A castle site similar to ILTCO could be set up. It could link to current lugnet.castle threads, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BF castle question

(...) Actually, I built that one for the Boston/Enfield Lego Road Show, and there are some pictures of it floating around in various places. I'll probably have a page on my site about it as soon as I get a chance to take some better pictures and do (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact