 Castle / 17668
Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 18:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
I am now posting Fridays Questionnaire for those who couldn't make it up
to BF2003, so we as a castle community can have a bit of feedback on what to
do next...

1. Name (Optional)

Ben Ellermann

2. What do you like doing with Castle-related material?

I do not understand what you mean.  I do enjoy reading about castles and
visiting them.

3. What do you like about Castles?

I like the military design of castles and the role they played in the past.

4. What do you not like about Castles?

They can represent the subjugation of people.

5. If you could design/make a Castle set that LEGO hasn't produced, what would
it be/entail?

I have designed a gatehouse set that combines timber frame and stone towers.
This set fits in with the "Siskindian" style sets.  I should be producing this
and other custom castle sets this fall.

Smaller castle sets would be nice.  Additional hats and garments for serfs,
knights, ladies, and villagers.  More colors of existing pieces such as red,
black, or tan forestmen caps or cowls.  Realistic sets such as wooden hill
forts, docks, a church, village shops, a few castles, lone towers with locked up
princesses.  I think that a fairy tale aspect could be added.  Giants, dragons,
wizards, multiple unique knights, ladies, squires, and soldiers.

One last item.  A squire's training set would be awesome.  Two squires
practicing battle with brown wooden swords, horses, shields, etc.

6. Where do you see Castle going as a group in the future?

I really enjoy the format of fbtb.net forums.  We should have a castle site with
a forum, news area, set reviews, exclusive pictures from LEGO of new castle
sets, featuring of custom creations and custom sets.  Lenny Hoffman and I are
also working on producing a castle site that has some of these ideas.  But it
would be great if the community would want to put a site like this together.

7. Do you use LUGNET as a source for your LEGO Castle Enthusiasm? (YES/NO)

Yes

8. Why or why not?

I like the ability of viewing new creations and discussing castle related items.

9. If you could improve on anything on LUGNET.Castle, what would it be?

I like LUGNET.Castle as it is.

Feel free to answer if you'd like.  If you feel better to remain confidential,
then feel free to e-mail me in private, and I will not disclose your name
or answers to the public.

Please Note: the questions were made up by myself (Benjamin Medinets).

Thanks,
Benjamin Medinets (BF2003 Castle Room Co-ordinator)