 Castle / 17675
Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 19:13:15 GMT

Hi Richard,

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   In particular, I’d like to see minifig sets and “army” sets. What I mean is that one should be able to buy a score of army figures at a time. Want 100 black falcons? Here’s five boxes. Want a King Leo Army? Here’s five boxes. Etc. I bet some of us might like to recreate certain battles in miniature, but absent the many needed minis we’re sort of SOL.

Ages ago I suggested that TLC will create an equivalent set for Castle as they made for City 9293 http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9293 to include like 30 minifig of castles from all times. So far they havn’t listen.

   Also, I am really sick of the “hide and seek” TLC plays with some of the most desirable mini elements. Do you know what I don’t see in the current castle accessory pack? I don’t see light grey swords, and most importantly I am not seeing the light grey “Minifig Accessory Armor Plate”

Also that set is missing “Minifig Helmet Plume Dragon”. I’ve been waiting for ages for those and now when they finally made one it’s in a large set. As for the regular plume would it kill them to put it in other color then red? When the last time they made a black one for example?

How about set that includes flags of all times, shields, or saddles (those with the patterns).

   And remember the chrome silver armor? Do you recall how you had to buy four crazy sets to make just one chrome knight? Take note on how they are now very slowly releasing the new golden knight elements: the golden sword in one set, the golden shield in another, the golden dragon helmet in a third, and the golden breastplate TBA! Argh! At full MSRP you would have already spent at least $170 USD and the breastplate has yet to be released. Now I’ll grant that a golden knight is a unique figure and maybe no one really needs an army of them -- but come on!!!

I guess TLC made us baits and we all fell for it by buying so many of those small sets, they saw how much we are willing to spent for unique parts so they decided to make more money from it.

And it’s not over by that, how many of us paid a fortune for 4714 - Gringotts Bank - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4714 or 1381 - Vampire’s Crypt - http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1381

(and a lot of other sets like that)

for 2 minifigs we desired and a lot of useless parts.

I guess we just let them get away with that too much. I don’t like SW, HP & studio sets, but the last 2 years for some reason it seems that it’s all I buy (beside LEGENDS of course), cause they include another minifig or a unique part that is great for castle (and many times not even fits to the set it included in) and they even cost more because their Trademarks.

Just hoping TLC will listen before all of us will be too broke from buying LEGO sets like those and decide it’s not really worth it.