 Castle / 17673
Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:06:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
I am now posting Fridays Questionnaire for those who couldn't make it up
to BF2003, so we as a castle community can have a bit of feedback on what to
do next...

First off, greeting to you lucky SOBs.  I wish I had the money to go out there
with everyone.  Is it too much to ask for a brickfest somewhere in the middle,
like chicago??  Anyways, I can't wait to see what you've all shown.

1. Name (Optional)
Erick

2. What do you like doing with Castle-related material?
Material?  I interpret that as all things lego castle related.  What I like to
do is thing up epic backgrounds and stories to go with the sets or MOCs.
Unfortunately I think a bit too epic and that's why nobody's seen a story yet (I
swear it's coming!!)

3. What do you like about Castles?
I like the creativity of it all, lego is great for that, but I like castle best
because of the limits.  I think the most creativity comes out when you have a
slight limit, such as the architecture or style of the period.  Space has no
limits, town has some, but nowhere near the limits as castle and/or pirate.

4. What do you not like about Castles?
The drought of supply.  Plain gray is a hard commodity to get in bulk.

5. If you could design/make a Castle set that LEGO hasn't produced, what
would it be/entail?
I want to see realisitc sets, put out a 'windsor castle' or something, the towns
and trains, and even space now (space shuttle) have real world sets.

6. Where do you see Castle going as a group in the future?
Nowhere, for quite a while.  When Harry Potter is gone I see great things, you
just know the castle-heads working at lego are sitting on something amazing.

7. Do you use LUGNET as a source for your LEGO Castle Enthusiasm? (YES/NO)
YES, I get ideas from others, or inspiration.  It's a fantastic thing, if there
were no lugnet, there would be something with a different name cuz this is a
vital part of our world.

8. Why or why not? • um, ok.
9. If you could improve on anything on LUGNET.Castle, what would it be?
The speed of posts of MOCs, but the trouble is us castle builders have such
large structures to build, there is no possible way to speed up the process.  So
oh well.

e.