 Castle / 17674
Re: Fridays Castle Questionnaire...(BF2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:14:04 GMT

   I’d like to see the many things Ellerman touched on. In particular, I’d like to see minifig sets and “army” sets. What I mean is that one should be able to buy a score of army figures at a time. Want 100 black falcons? Here’s five boxes. Want a King Leo Army? Here’s five boxes. Etc. I bet some of us might like to recreate certain battles in miniature, but absent the many needed minis we’re sort of SOL. I am probably over 85% castle complete (counting from the early 80s), and I even have multiples of certain sets -- but without a concerted effort to just collect minis without regard to price I don’t think I can pull off Arthur v. Mordred any time soon

I would love this too but it will not happen. I think minifigs are essential to play. I know figure packs never flew off of shelves. SAH should offer them.

Also, I am really sick of the “hide and seek” TLC plays with some of the most desirable mini elements. Do you know what I don’t see in the current castle accessory pack? I don’t see light grey swords, and most importantly I am not seeing the light grey “Minifig Accessory Armor Plate”
.
What genius devised the accessory pack?

I agree completely. I appreciate having a “castle” accessory pack but where is the armor, forestman caps, old style shields (since king leo probably does not have new sets), etc. Why are there ninja accesories in there! Take them out and charge a dollar less!!!!. Just go ahead and throw in some western and pirate accessories while your at it :)

   Also, we must somehow gain greater access to basic slopes without having to mortgage our souls to obtain them. Light grey steep corner slopes, for example. On Bricklink they go for $8 USD EACH when TLC should just be making these architectural basics available all of the time. Slopes are a biggie because they can serve for details on walls as well as serving as the fundamental element in the making of roofs. We need many of the different slope types, in the available angles, in most of the basic colors (i.e. black, grey, blue, red, etc). No new molds need be made -- what’s the hold up?

Again I agree. We want grey slopes and peaks!

As a completely side note to Richard - please spell my last name Ellermann correctly (two n’s). Thanks :) Everyone gets it wrong. All my awards and even the checks from my bank are spelled incorrectly!

Ben