 Castle / 17696
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:54:50 GMT

I think I will have to agree with most of the replies so far, that simply gathering things that already exist elsewhere on the internet is not really enough to warrant the making of a new website. And to be honest, with Lego not producing the castle-theme anymore (at least not lately), I don’t know if there’s a lot that you can do about it. Still, any effort is better than no effort, and I for one wouldn’t mind visiting a Castle-only website if you guys can manage to pull it off. I just think you’ll have to do it from completely different angle away from the MoC, instructions, interviews that already exist elsewhere, that’s all.

In the meantime, this is just an idea, but how about instead of being castle-related, get away from the knght in shiny armor theme (or maybe just expand from it) and gear it more towards the peasantry? I notice you have got pictures of the woodcutter’s cabin and the Peasant’s house on your mockup site. This is nice and I think it does offer an alternative to most of the existing sites out there. And instead of instructions to big MOCs, little (but necessary) things like anvrils, looms, ovens, fireplaces, etc will also be very welcoming. What I’d like to see, I guess, is that instead of being yet another castle site, you may want to consider filling in the areas that have been lacking in the castle theme (and maybe naming it the medieval village or something?). After all, castles don’t maintain themselves without a peasant population around it, and a Lego castle shouldn’t be any different, right? Good luck to you anyhow.

ALso, on a more personal level I would like to see some unique minifigs, as well! We already have a blacksmith but how about some farmers, bartenders, beggars, etc? (I love customized minifigs!)

Isaac