 Castle / 17727
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:04:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
   How about a compromise? A castle site similar to ILTCO could be set up. It could link to current lugnet.castle threads, offer castle news, have a library section for interviews, building instructions, and tutorials, and maybe featured content of new sets from LEGO eventually.

I didn’t say this before, but I should have. The ideas above have a lot of merit. I think offering the features above would be great.

Thanks. :)

   I think if a valid case was brought to Todd or Suz’s attention, then it might be possible to get a new sub group or two created. But right now are there so many creations in .castle that we really need to filter them? I can understand someone not being interested in a particular subject, but if we get too compartmentilized then I think the caslte community could suffer rather than blossum.

Lugnet.castle is probably not large enough to have subgroups yet. It could, as others have mentioned, split the community even more. We really do not have that many posts per day so it is not a big issue. (Although, I am proud to announce at this time today castle does have more posts than lugnet.space. Go Castle!)

   I still think that a buy/sell/trade area specifically for castle would be nice.

What is the regular buy/sell/trade group not offering that you think a castle specific one would?

Again maybe the lugnet.castle group is not large enough for a separate buy/sell/trade. One of the things I like about fbtb.net’s b/s/t is that a majority of items are sw related. The members usually have really good deals for each other (making minimal profit) and stop posters that are only trying to make a buck. At lugnet usually a post will annouce that their 383 castle figs are 10% off from 8.00 to 7.90. Big deal! I dont know if a new b/s/t section would help. There arent really a surplus of new castle sets being made and discounted either. So that may have something to do with it. However, if I want to find out were to get cheap harry potter sets for parts I check fbtb, not lugnet, to get a good deal.

Ben