 Castle / 17682
17681  |  17683
Subject:
Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:39:35 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello fellow castleheads,

I am pleased to announce a new castle website in the process of being put
together this fall.  Earlier this summer Lenny Hoffman and I agreed that it
would be nice to have a castle website that served several missing functions in
the community.  We would like to have free advertising for all currently
available custom castle sets and instructions, a featured building instructions
area, highlighted creations, interviews of builders, and maybe a forums area to
discuss all things castle related.

Our site and organization would be called the Castle Builders Guild ( tm )

An extremely rough mockup of the site can be seen here:
http://ellermannkits.tripod.com/cbg.htm

Future plans in the works include an interview with Dan Siskind about his
building techniques and periodic instructions to some of Jon Furman’s Provincial
Village buildings.

Lenny and I intend to pay money for website hosting and maybe a forums area
similar to what fbtb.net has.

Is anyone interested in helping us put together the website.  Our web skills are
ok but not great.  What types of features could be added to a site like this?  A
buy/sell/trade area and a castle news section could be added as well.

Please give us feedback.

We are also interested in producing more affordable custom sets for minimal
profit (which may be used to fund the site).  With that in mind I threw together
four possible set ideas.

001 Falcon’s Gate - @ $60

002 Knight’s Inn - @ $20

003 Archer’s Tower - @ $12

004 Sentry’s Wall - @ $12

I would also like feedback on the sets: is there any interest in them, what do
you think about the pricetag, are there other types of sets you are looking for.
If there is enough interest, Lenny and I would consider producing sets this
fall.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Ben Ellermann