 Castle / 17723
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti wrote:

BTW, CW is available to any deeply responsible person wanting to host it and love it. While I had much of the necessary energy to try and help archive the existing state of CW, I had little energy to add to the archive with new entries. The main thing would be that anyone taking it over would have to have history here that would satisfy ME. If someone took it over just to make silly changes or in any way debase the work of CW’s originators and original contributors I would just put the archive back up as it is now. All it takes is FTP and a good connection -- which I have! The current site is maintained by me at Ozbricks which comes with 50 MB of space and an email account for an admin. CW currently occupies a mere 5 MB or less of space, but I also had it in mind that the site should host all the images contained on it’s pages -- and I still need to go through and kill dead links and such. I could conceivably wrap up the archive work so that we at least have two copies of CW as it was, one online and another burned to CD or something.

Anyway, it would be wrong of me to hold back CW if there’s someone out there willing to move it forward. I just wanted it on the table that I would not hold back the possibility of CW helping to further unite or reunite the castle community again. It could even become a section of a future Castle site along the lines of ILTCO. It could also forever remain an archive with people merely linking to it, whatever...

-- Hop-Frog

Hey Hop-Frog,

If you’re looking for someone to pick up the reigns of Castle World, I’ll be happy to take up the yolk of responsibility for it. I’m jobless right now, so I’ve got a lot of time on my hands, as well as a very dedicated and energetic crew of supporters behind me, so I think even if I were to be swamped I could be backed up no problem.

Give it some thought, I’m here all week (and so on and so forth).

--Anthony

The Kingdom of Ikros