 Castle / 17710
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:35:39 GMT

.

Could you amplify on this point, to be honest I’m not sure what you are getting at. Speaking as someone that has been banned on Lugnet before, what could have annoyed people about Lugnet such that they left?

I think there are some (I might have to do a bit of research on this) that have felt the posting requirements (getting authorized to post, etc.) annoying. Some also have posted on LUGNET and have not received the praise for their creations they have wished for.

I think this is sad, that the community has at times not been as congradualatory as it needs to be, and that the person exhibiting their MOCs doesn’t have the real opportunity to put their creations out in a public place where they can see the real time and immediate feedback of the public.

Personally, I get a real positive feeling when I see the public at large GAWK at a MOC (rhyme not intended) and are completely blown away upon seeing it.

I don’t feel like the things I do merit a lot of praise within the LEGO community, but it sure feels nice when some of my ideas have affected the public at large, and gives them a reason to crack out their LEGO and build with it (again).

Benjamin Medinets