 Castle / 17743
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 12:27:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Todd Thuma wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

   I think the issues of a castle town standard and an community castle site should be separate. The castle site could support a town standard but would include other items mentioned earlier like instructions, tutorials, and interviews. This is important because some people may not want to be involved with the standard but still check out other things castle related.

Ben

Agreed! After spending several hours looking into the differences between Castle Town and Community Castle I believe I have a concept for the difference.

I think that the standards for each support the other. I would be nice to see a large castle grow from multiple people creating wall sections with different components. But on the inside and outside of the castle walls I see a standard for the towns that might be lose, but would allow some consistency for bringing everything together.

Todd

I am not sure if we are thinking along the same lines. When I said that there should be a community castle site I was not thinking of a “castle standard page” but a website similar to iltco or fbtb. A site with many different castle related activities. There could be subpage for a medieval town standard and a page for a “castle - fortifications, walls, keeps, gates,etc.” page.

I am glad that you are excited about a project that could unite castle creations of many builders (similar to .space’s moonbase project). I do not think that this “standard” project is the only need of our community or the only solution for more unity in castle.

Ben