 Castle / 17726
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:51:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Todd Thuma wrote:

   I like the idea of an http://www.classic-space.com or an http://www.iltco.org web site. I think it is overdue for the castle theme. It would be a great place for a standard to be created and diseminated.

I really like www.iltco.org and think that we should model a castle site after it.

   After looking over you post and taking a look at the proposed web site, I have two words of caution. One, I like to MOCs you are attmepting to sell, but you need to decide if the web site is about selling MOCs in a http://www.bricksmiths.com/ Guild of Bricksmith manner or you are trying get all of the castle people together on the same page. The two are mutually exclusive.

Originally, Lenny and I wanted to do both but now I agree with you. There should be one site for the castle community and another featuring custom creations. (To answer others questions about advertising, both sites would not have any unless it was specifically Lego related. An example would be a bricklink link or a building instructions portal link.)

   Second, there are people working on a castle standard. This would work like the monobase project and would enable castle people to come together with as many modules as they want to build and create a large mediveal village in the process. Something akin to the whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

I would get with them to see what is being done on this effort. You might be duplicating your efforts when you could be working together.

Todd

I think the issues of a castle town standard and an community castle site should be separate. The castle site could support a town standard but would include other items mentioned earlier like instructions, tutorials, and interviews. This is important because some people may not want to be involved with the standard but still check out other things castle related.

Ben