 Castle / 17697
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:27:05 GMT

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jason Spears wrote:

Please, please don't setup something like FBTB.  I really think a forum
like that is vastly inferior to Lugnet's setup.  I like Star Wars and
LEGO, yet I never participate over at FBTB.

I concur wholeheartedly.  I have better things to do with my life than
deal with a Web interface to discussion groups.  LUGNET's NNTP interface
lets me quickly read all the newsgroups in which I am interested (ack,
52?) without missing a message.  The search capability lets me quickly
find old messages.  And the ability to make a killfile allows
lugnet.castle to continue to be an enjoyable read.

Additional benefits of LUGNET: the X-Real-Life-Name header; breadth;
compartmentalization; LUGNET's ToU and general atmosphere and mores.

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/