 Castle / 17703
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:14:16 GMT

   be possible to get a new sub group or two created. But right now are there so many creations in .castle that we really need to filter them? I can understand someone not being interested in a particular subject, but if we get too compartmentilized then I think the caslte community could suffer rather than blossum.

Personally, and I think at least a few people within the castle community (based on the questionaires from the roundtable discussions, and from the on-line community, that this would divide the already splintered group.

My goal would be to attract new fans of the theme, attract the older fans back, if that would even be possible, and try not to upset too many current castle enthusiasts.

A separate site would be good to provide a bit of separation from LUGNET. There are some issues that have turned a fair number of users away from the LUGNET community. I think that is sad, but IMO cannot be completely fixed.

I think a castle building guild would be excellent. Though most people would find a free site very frustrating to use because of the incessant pop-up ads. Also, the site shouldn’t provide too much distraction from LUGNET itself. As long as it was compliment to LUGNET, I wouldn’t think it was much of a problem.

Just my opinions.

Thanks,

Benjamin Medinets