 Castle / 17708
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
   A separate site would be good to provide a bit of separation from LUGNET. There are some issues that have turned a fair number of users away from the LUGNET community. I think that is sad, but IMO cannot be completely fixed.

Could you amplify on this point, to be honest I’m not sure what you are getting at. Speaking as someone that has been banned on Lugnet before, what could have annoyed people about Lugnet such that they left?

I seem to remember one annoying guy -- “The Hatter” or something or other...but that kind of thing is not so easy to prevent. Some people are unhinged in both real life as well as online. What can one do?

I would think the price of Lego would turn me away from the hobby before any silliness online would...of course I realize that these people may still be Lego enthusiasts, just not here.

-- Hop-Frog