 Castle / 17716
Re: Castle Builder's Guild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:15:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Medinets wrote:
   Some also have posted on LUGNET and have not received the praise for their creations they have wished for.

Well, the web interface with FTX posting allows for images within posts -- that should encourage some. You can deep link to brickshelf and others can see what you built immediately via an FTX image embedded post!

To me the point is to share, not to receive praise. Maybe others need to rethink why they post?

Except for a truly ingenius design or building technique, I think I’ve seen it or done it all already. If I haven’t actually built it, I may well have thought of it -- how it “could” be done. I sometimes play a mental game with myself when I’m out driving by imagining how the things I see could be represented in Lego. Or I’ll browse for castle images online and consider the things that can be done or that cannot be done. Etc.

Anyway, I think a lot of “golly wow” posts sometimes arise from the sheer scale of the creation in question -- that a single person has, for example, over 30 pitchforks or something. A lot of that is silly given that bricklink puts such ability into the hands of anyone willing to part with sufficient quantities of cash to do it. So in the end, it’s like praising someone’s wealth rather than their ability to create a unique and interesting design. Stupid.

-- Hop-Frog