 Castle / 17644
Re: Orc War Wagon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:05:59 GMT

Put some overhead protection for those orcs pushing the wagon.  They're
going to get hit with enemy arrow fire!

-Aaron

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hey Folks,

Onishi Shinji built a new Goblin War Machine:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=50775

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/shinji-o/Monster/Goblin/thumb/00title.jpg
_thumb.jpg>>

And it got me inspired to make myself an Orcish War Machine, as well as a • Orcish
War Standard.  Now I'm not sure what that four barreled thing on Onishi's • war
machine is, other than a gatling gun (someone help me out here?), but I • wanted
to make something that was more symbolic than truly functional.

You know, something to really put fear in the hearts of the Orc's • adversaries.

So I built my Orc War Wagon.

I'm not 100% happy with it, so feel free to criticize (or praise if you • really
like it) Just click on an image to see a larger view.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/warwagon1.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/thumb/warwagon1.jpg_thum
b.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/warwagon2.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/thumb/warwagon2.jpg_thum
b.jpg>>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/warwagon3.jpg

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/orc/thumb/warwagon3.jpg_thum
b.jpg>>

So here are the features I built into it:

* Four places for Orc Peons to push the wagon (I realize they have yellow • hands,
  I forgot to buy tan hands when I bought the heads D'OH!)
* Creature-like visage to make mortal men tremble
* Place for Orc Leader to stand and view/command the battle
* War Drums to envigor and enrage the Orcish horde, and to make mortal men
  tremble
* War Standard to envigor and enrage the Orcish horde, and to make mortal • men
  tremble
* Weapon racks for Horde re-supply

Love it? Hate it?  Tell me what you think.

--Anthony

<http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/buttonsbanners/irkosbuttonsm
all.jpg>>