 Castle / 17658
Re: Some D&D/Fantasy Thingies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 01:59:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Isaac Yue wrote:
   Cool! So I’m not the only one who uses minifigs to roleplay then.

Yah, back in college with my D&D group I pulled out my minifigs to represent characters. Our DM had never worked with a group that used miniatures at all, actually, and everyone went nuts over how customizable they were--by then (1995) Lego had come out with lots of different face printings and I really made them look like their characters. (Once upon a time I had a photo, but I don’t know if I still do.) Then we met the slave girl and I pulled out the female islander--they went wild...

With my current D&D group I made minifigs of everyone’s PC--they looked at them for about 30 seconds, said they were cute, and then pulled out the metal miniatures to play. Maybe with BrickQuest I’ll be able to turn them around slowly, but I don’t know...

At GenCon I talked to a couple people who used Lego for their D&D. One guy was real interested in how I did my modules--I didn’t have time to really pick his brain, and I wish I had gotten his email address--but he said he’s been working on a graveyard and a modular dungeon for his next D&D scenario.

So yup, we’re out there...

Peter