 CAD / Development / 3882
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:19:57 GMT

Leonardo, you are better than most, perhaps the best
at contributing.  The comment was not directed at you, but
at the idea that publishing source would reduce the
number of incompatible/redundant CAD tools.

There is something disfunctional about the community
at-large.  There is an established history of ignoring
prior art. Every cad system is created with a different
coordinate axis system, a different naming convention,
a different file format.  Rarely do people leverage off
of pre-existing work.  Why do we have both L2P and L3P?
More importantly, why didn't anyone hack POV and add a
.DAT file primitive?  Why invent file syntax and data
structures, when POV already has a 3D language and a
nested object design?  There's a dozen POV "modellers",
why were one of those not used as the foundation of a
CAD program? AC3D has OpenGL preview and vertex editing.
Xaero has kinematics and joints that could be used for
posing minifigs and joining Technic beams. AutoCAD is the
defacto standard for using the keyboard to position objects,
why use something different?  It's laughable...

-gyug
In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
Paul Gyugyi wrote:

Ha ha ha ha Hohohoho Hehehehehe.
You must be new around here.  That's *not* how these people think.
-gyug

I really don't understand you, I'm not the one who has problems
sharing (what I have done or what others have done).

Ha ha ha ha Hohohoho Hehehehehe.

Leonardo