 CAD / Development / 3850
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 16:12:54 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

Hmmm, that sounds like a commercial for LeoCAD.  ;^)  And a target, 1
second eh?  Seriously though, It'll never reach those speeds parsing DAT
files, but hopefully when I switch to display lists for the redraws...
Just for the record, how slow was it?  And on what hardware?

  Actually the Windows version of LeoCAD takes 0.35 seconds to render on
my P2 350 with a TNT card (the Linux version should be more a less the
same speed). I don't use display lists, I use vertex buffers or CVA's if
the driver supports it.

By the way, has anyone tested the instructions for hooking ldglite up to
Netscape?

  Where are the instructions ? Next time I boot Linux I'll give it a
try.

Leonardo