 CAD / Development / 3873
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:49:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

If there is ever some GPL CAD system available for GNU/Linux (and
friends), we may want to cooperate on this?  This is where I stand at
the moment:

Take a look at my previous post, LeoCAD is GPL. I know it doesn't look
like LDraw but you can still run "leocad foo.dat" and it will render the
file or "leocad foo.dat -i foo.gif" and it will save a GIF file (JPG,
PNG and BMP also supported).

A feature I already started adding to ldglite is to take ldraw commands
from stdin if no filename is present on the commandline.  I think this
lends itself better to external control than polling a file.  This is
of course based on my completely biased previous unix plumbing work where
you open up a pipe to the child process.

Don