 CAD / Development / 3875
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:19:45 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

What about the parts libraries used by the Ray tracing folks?  Or is a
totally new format in order?  Either way I think the right thing to do is
start with some utilities that convert the LDRAW formatted parts to whatever
form we want to use.  That way the parts authors can continue with the
tools they already know how to use.  Also we never lose compatiblitly with
LEDIT (which I still like best, although I could be convinced to switch).

  You can keep compatibility with the POV libraries but each one (LGEO,
L3P and Anton Rave's (?)) use a different coordinate system. LeoCAD uses
the parts from LGEO first and then if something is missing, it creates
the parts using its own library like L3P.

Is that source?  Imagine my embarrasment...  :) Where'd that come from?
OK, I've got myself a copy of WinCvs, so is there an easy way to grab the
whole thing?  Or better yet, what's the best way to access a CVS server
from linux?  I've been doing time in Windows for too long.

  CVS 101 class, had the same problem about 6 months ago. :)

1- set CVSROOT=:pserver:guest@gerf.org:/usr/cvsroot; export CVSROOT
2- cvs login
3- cvs checkout leocad

Leonardo