 CAD / Development / 3849
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:00:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:

I've tried and it worked after fixing the gluPerspective call, it's
very slowe (LeoCAD renders the WTOWER.DAT file in less than 1 second)
but at least it works.

Hmmm, that sounds like a commercial for LeoCAD.  ;^)  And a target, 1
second eh?  Seriously though, It'll never reach those speeds parsing DAT
files, but hopefully when I switch to display lists for the redraws...
Just for the record, how slow was it?  And on what hardware?

The last 2 parameters to gluPerspective are the
distance from the viewer to the near and far clip planes, so they can
never be negative.

Yeah, I finally bought a book that cleared that one up.  Thanks for the
help though.

By the way, has anyone tested the instructions for hooking ldglite up to
Netscape?

Don