 CAD / Development / 3860
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:56:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide wrote:

(LeoCAD renders the WTOWER.DAT file in less than 1 second)

Whoa.  That's the same WTOWER.DAT distributed with ldglite.  The one that
LDLite, on my Pentium 400 with Win98, renders in 5.8 seconds?

Yes, the file included in the ldglite zip. :)

I've gotta remember to remove that WTOWER.DAT file so folks can't tell what
a lousy builder I am.  :) (Besides, it uses an unofficial piece or two)

Now another question, why there are so many people writing different
CAD programs ? I believe that we surely would be a lot better if we
helped each other instead of start a new project.

Please don't take this as a bad criticism, I just think that if we
were all working on the same project we would have a program better than
all other programs out there.

Now you're onto something.  I started with ldlite because the source was
in C/C++ and was available, and I'm way to lazy to start from scratch.
I also love the way it hooks into Netscape and I'm hoping to control it
from Emacs someday.  However LeoCAD will probably always have a speed
advantage due to the reformatted parts library.

Are you ready to open up the source to LeoCAD (or even the parts library
file format).  If so, I might be able to contribute.

Don