 CAD / Development / 3784
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:05:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
[...]
I now suspect the 3360 byte executable is probably way too small to contain
a real executable even with shared libraries.

Just for the heck of it, what do you get when you try this?

  strings ldglite | grep lib

I get this:

Whoa -- the ldglite I produced via libtool is an sh wrapper for .libs/ldglite
produced by ltmain.sh (part of libtool I guess).  That's how it's so small! :)
3k seemed awful small to me too -- almost unbelievable.  20k I could believe
easily, 3k and we're talking some ultra-serious optimizations and cuts due to
the OpenGL library.

Anyway, the _real_ executable then is 196483 bytes (similar to what I got
last night with the original make process).

$ strings .libs/ldglite | grep lib
/lib/ld-linux.so.2
libglut.so.3
libSM.so.6
libICE.so.6
libXmu.so.6
libXext.so.6
libXi.so.6
libX11.so.6
libGLU.so.1
libGL.so.1
libvga.so.1
libm.so.6
libc.so.6
__libc_start_main
/home/todd/Mesa-3.1/src-glut/.libs:/home/todd/Mesa-3.1/src-glu/.libs:/home/todd/Mesa-3.1/src/.libs:/usr/local/lib

Both of these command lines

$ ./ldglite cyl.dat
$ .libs/ldglite cyl.dat

from the build directory do the same thing -- the same old white screen.

--Todd