 CAD / Development / 3762
3761  |  3763
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 06:03:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
[...]
Is anyone willing to try it out and see what I missed.  Packaging
is not exactly my specialty.  (neither is web page design and...)

Waycool!  I'm wicked excited to try out anything LDraw-related for Linux.

I almost got it working, but not quite.  :-(  It seems to be running and
thinking real hard, but all it displays is a blank white window.

Notes:
* System is PII333 / RHL6.1 + Gnome / ATI video @1600x1200x16bit
* Grabbed Mesa 3.1 from www.mesa3d.org
  - Mesa lib compiled & installed fine
  - Mesa demos ran great
* Grabbed ldraw.exe and complete.exe from www.ldraw.org
  - Unarj'd these and installed in /usr/local/ldraw as suggested
* Grabbed and unzipped ldglite into work dir
  - Seemed to link fine with Mesa

When running ldglite, it gives no warnings or errors.  Launching it with
M6020.DAT, M6040.DAT, or M6067.DAT produces no output to stdout, but running
WTOWER.DAT displays this (looks like normal healthy output):

$ ldglite WTOWER.DAT
STEP 0 level 0 pause 1
STEP 1 level 0 pause 1
STEP 2 level 0 pause 1
STEP 3 level 0 pause 1
STEP 4 level 0 pause 1
STEP 5 level 0 pause 1
STEP 6 level 0 pause 1
STEP 7 level 0 pause 1
STEP 8 level 0 pause 1
STEP 9 level 0 pause 1
STEP 10 level 0 pause 1
STEP 11 level 0 pause 1
STEP 12 level 0 pause 1
STEP 13 level 0 pause 1

Takes a few seconds to render (but still displays white :), and top says that
ldglite is chewing up 97% of the CPU states -- so at least that's good.

If I copy WTOWER.DAT to FOO.DAT and change the first line so that it
references a DAT file I know doesn't exist,

1 2 -20 -56 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 blurfl.DAT

then when I run ldglite on FOO.DAT, I don't get any error messages (should I)?

Any help appreciated!

--Todd