 CAD / Development / 3781
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:30:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:

Hello beta testers,

I put a new version of ldglite on the web.  You can find it at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/File/8624/

Hopefully the case sensitive filesystem issues have been resolved.
Translucent pieces look kinda translucent.
Type 2 lines look good.  (well they look good to me anyways)

I cleaned up some of the mess and packaged the Linux, Mingw32,
and Visual C++ versions all together in one big happy zip file.
I even tossed in executables and instructions on how to automatically
view DAT files from lugnet in Netscape on Linux.

Is anyone willing to try it out and see what I missed.  Packaging
is not exactly my specialty.  (neither is web page design and...)

I had this up and running in a few minutes under Win98.  Adequate launching and
rendering achieved by dragging files onto the executable (in Explorer).

Rendering was definitely slower than LDLite.

When looking for subfiles, LDLite will look in the model file's directory.
LDGLite doesn't seem to do this.  Launching from the command prompt, cd'ed to
the model directory sidestepped this problem.

Looks like an excessive number of edge-lines are getting over-written by the
surface-fills.

This is a request for an extension: if there's no GUI control, it would be good
to have a command-line option to turn on shading.  Something like -FH (for
highlight - -FS is already taken).

Ldglite looks very promising, Don!

Steve