 CAD / Development / 3837
Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 17:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:

[snip]

I'll try to compile and run ldglite later and tell you if it works on
my Linux system.

Hey, that would be great!  But before you compile it, I think I have a fix
for the empty window problem Todd's been seeing.  If you find the line
with gluPerspective() in main.c, change the -500.0 to 1000.0.  Apparently
it's clipping EVERYTHING with the far clipping plane.  Gotta read up on
that function and see why I thought that had to be negative...  And for that
matter, why does it work on all the versions of Mesa and GL that I tried
beforehand?

Oh well, at least I learned how to mix static and dynamic linking in linux
makefiles.

I put a zip file with Mesa and GLUT statically linked on the website at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/File/8624/ldglite0_2bin.zip

I'll update the website eventually with the fixed sources and a pointer to the
linux executable.

Don