 Administrative / General / 12213
Re: Timeout (was Re: "Some pigs...")
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:16:57 GMT

-snip-

Thank you for giving us the perspective of NILTC.  Up until now, Ken has been
speaking on behalf of a number of people (NILTC and the Library) - and I've been
curious on their take on this.

OnDrew
Former founding member of the NILTC.

Does this mean you are no longer a member?  No longer a founding member?  I'm
confused.

p.s. what ever happened to freedom of speech?

What exactly do you think has violated freedom of speech?  Ken was given a
timeout for "The many personal insults and excessive crossposting." Lugnet has
never guaranteed freedom of speech, especially if you refuse to follow the ToS.
Aside from Ken being given a timeout for failing to follow the ToS, I fail to
see where "freedom of speech" has been compromised.

I'd go so far to say that by allowing this thread to happen, Lugnet has [proven]
its committment to a 'no censorship' policy.