 Administrative / General / 12205
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:01:53 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
Nevertheless, it's quite clear in my mind that Larry did not violate
LUGNET's Terms of Use.  For as Larry and others have pointed out, your
employment at LEGO was common knowledge.  I'm really sorry to hear that
you feel your privacy was violated, but I just don't see the logic in
your assertion that it was personal information.

If that's the case it's pretty much a free for all because I Guarantee I could
come up with all kinds of personal information and start posting it all because
under your logic if I found it out it must have been knowen elsewhere and
therefor is fair game.

You're twisting words here Ken.  What Todd is saying is that you (not somebady
else) posted this infomation in what could be construted as a public forum (the
Yahoo group)

Well I disagree that Yahoo groups are necessaily public. If you can only join
with the consent of the group moderator, and the messages are only available to
members, I would consider it very bad form to repeat publically anything that is
posted there. I know I would be annoyed if someone from our local yahoo mailing
list posted any personal details I mentioned there (eg my address) on lugnet,
and I know most of the other members would feel the same.

But I'm not sure the Chicago list was the only source of the information we're
talking about here.

ROSCO