 Administrative / General / 12124
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 03:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Ken Nagel wrote:

<snip>

"Some pigs are more equal than other pigs" George Orwell-Animal Farm
Ken

I agree with you that no one is immune to theToS of LUGNET, please
show where Larry violated that in the specific wording of his post.

Again, just becaouse you don't like what was said, doesn't mean what was said
violates the ToS.

I really don't see the need to turn this into a debate too however,

directly from the policy update "personal attacks, i.e. bringing more heat than
light to a discussion... also known as attacking the person, not the position".

Directly from the discussion Group Terms and Conditions: "(do not) Post or
transmit any information...which is an invasion of privacy...without first
obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.

From the policy on bickering of May 2002:Messages deemed inappropriate may
include, but not be limited to: those which contain personal attacks on other
people, obvious provocations into 'flame war,' rudeness or gloating during
argument, put-downs, condescension, sly remarks, insults, sarcasm, and other
un-helpful, selfish behavior which amounts to excessive 'noise' in the LUGNET
community. It also may include uninvited morality preaching outside off-topic
debate and chronic 'baiting' of specific others into spats, which neither party
will allow to end (ie ping-ponging).

On it's surface, Larry's post doesn't seem to be a personal attack nor an
invasion of privacy.  If it was to you, he apologized which in my opinion is
probably the best course action for a unintended offense.

-Orion