 Administrative / General / 12161
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 01:02:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
Hi Ken,
Do you feel that his associating your name with LEGO Brand Retail was a
personal attack?

No, but divulging personal info without permission is obviously a violation of
TOU

Did you find his wording involving the words "messing up" hurtful?

Hurtful no, but an obvious attack especilly when he himself has been so picky
within debate forums where there should be more latitude for this type of thing.

Was it the act of replying publicly to make a correction that you felt was
an attack?  The cross-posting to .off-topic.fun?

How about the fact that he felt the need to mess with a public invitation like
that.

Followed by the fact that instead of a simple appology to the library
and NILTC that he had no buissnes spoiling their post

Ok, what I think I'm hearing is that you feel hurt, insulted, and incensed
by Larry's reply to your NILTC announcement because his reply adds nothing
positive to the announcement.  Further, you feel that his nit-picking of a
minor legal detail (the trademark symbol and the use of the word "Legos")
only serves to detract from the announcement -- smearing it and demeaning
it -- rather than adding positive value to it -- and as such, his reply
feels like personal attack without any visible reason for provocation.
Have I got that correct?  Is that what you mean by spoiling their post?

Obviously coupled with the fact that he seems to think the rules are for
everyone else-Thus the Orwell reference.

Ken