 Administrative / General / 12159
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:02:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:
I don't see how you could construe it as a personal attack. SNIP
Dave

I don't care what you think. I've detailed the awnsers to every one of
your questions elsewhere in the thread. Others have agreed with me.
This is not a debate forum. If you are looking for a fight move on.
Ken

Hi Ken,
I don't think David is looking for a fight.  I think many of us are
curious about this because it is all so public.

You obviously felt that Larry's comments were a personal attack against
you, and first I want to acknowledge to you that I understand that this
is how you felt (or still do feel).  In trying to fully understand,
however, to see your side clearly, I for one would benefit from additional
explanation -- if you don't mind taking a few moments to elaborate --
regarding the particular thing or things that Larry said which made you
feel attacked.  I won't tell you that you're wrong for feeling attacked,
because that won't change how you feel, and it wouldn't be respecting
your feelings, but I have a hunch that maybe we can work through this.

--Todd

Thank you Todd,

This has nothing to do with the exchange between Larry and Ken, but since I
wanted to comment on your last paragraph I see no better place to post.  As a
member I appreciate you stating that a "feeling" is valid, and that it is
equally applied to all the members, admiration for building half a bridge.

Funny, this is the forth time I have had this conversation today.... (I may be
Lego obsessed?)

To any reader that is offended by a bit of optimism, please continue no further,
and if you are looking for sarcasm, look up some of my rtl posts.  And yes,
before you feel the need to inform me, I am well aware I am a tree hugger (or
insert other terms for hippy here).

Many of us that really do appreciate what Lugnet provides.

My appreciation is here.

I appreciate the sort of sentiment that was just conveyed by Todd, and the
support I see provided by others be it MOC advice, event planning, etc.

Lugnet has provided me the luxury of connecting with people that have had a huge
impact on my life outside of the realm of building as well as with in.

I feel Lugnet owes me nothing, the Lego company owes me nothing, and that same
sentiment goes for the people that work so hard behind the scenes and in front
of the public scrutiny for Lugnet, Events, etc.  This is not their job, they
don't get paid for it and are usually doing to for the same passions that
brought us here, the love of building, collecting and sharing said passion.

It is easy to take what we have been given out of a small donation, good faith
and generosity for granted, to abuse it, to complain about it, and to beat it
into the ground until it is no longer the recognizable thing it once was.  I
personally don't want to do that.  I hope there are enough members that feel the
same.

Do I see room for improvements? Without a doubt.  As the community grows, it is only fair to assume Lugnet must as well. I personally don't see it as jumping the shark, but a few growing pains along the way.  Do I agree 100% with those step, no at all, but it is not my place to decide.   That may be consider naive by most, and maybe I am truly jaded, but I know this hobby would have never be the same thing to me without Lugnet's assistance.

I know I am not the only one that has felt that impact.

This post is not about brown nosing, flag waving, or card carrying devotion.  It
is about calling a spade a spade.

Pleased member, active fan, and freak,

Janey "Red Brick"