 Administrative / General / 12188
Re: "Some pigs are more equal than other pigs"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:25:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ken Nagel wrote:
Funny I've found quite a few "reasonable" people who found it offensive.
Some of whom have posted it this thread.

Ken, I'm sorry that you felt hurt by what Larry wrote.  Larry has since
apologized to you for the comments which you found offensive.  If others
in NILTC, or at the library, call upon Larry for an apology, I've no doubt
he would apologize to them as well.

because the circumstances, in my view, don't support the notion
that there was a privacy violation.
It doesn't really matter what your view is because the TOU is very
clear.  Personal information will not be divulged with out permission.
There are no escape clauses like "unless you think..." or "some one
else already knows"

Nevertheless, it's quite clear in my mind that Larry did not violate
LUGNET's Terms of Use.  For as Larry and others have pointed out, your
employment at LEGO was common knowledge.  I'm really sorry to hear that
you feel your privacy was violated, but I just don't see the logic in
your assertion that it was personal information.  I think that you should
take this into consideration, and some advice to take to heart would be
that if, in the future, you wish that your employment situation be kept
confidential, you make that point absolutely clear to people.  Otherwise,
people will naturally assume that you don't mind, and you'll have a lot
of people wondering what the heck you mean when you say later that it was
supposed to have been confidential.

Further more the fact that it's an ADMINISTRATOR and not one of the
mundanes trying to parse the words into his favor takes us right back
to the subject line.

You're not implying that LUGNET administrators are pigs, are you?

--Todd