 Administrative / Database / 173
Re: MSRP? Tangential question Was(re CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.database
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 18:49:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, lar@voyager.net (Larry Pieniazek) writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:
<major snippage>
Although in this case, completism was 100% of the motivation, it's not
always about completism.  For example, Suz and I were bidding on an
extremely rare old '75 Wild West set,

Question. Why does the MSRP show US$? We know the set came out in may
1975 and that it cost 8.85 pounds MSRP. Why not either show the price in
USD converted, or show it in pounds?

Or is that a future enhancement?

Yes, showing MSRP in non-US$ is a future enhancement...  (But conversion is
not; aside from temporal eddies in the exchange rates, things may simply
cost more or less in another country...  For example, in Germany this year
you can buy for DM 19,80 a 27 cm. tall red bucket with green lid.  Could
that possibly be priced at ~$10 in the U.S. and ever sell?)

--Todd

p.s.  I attached an internal note to set #365 noting that it was evident
from a catalog scan that the set cost £8.85 when it was introduced in 1975.