  *85090 (-100)
  Re: Upcoming LEGO sale at Zany Brainy's

NO! Say it isn't so. Not at Grinch Brainy's! That would be a bummer. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Another part variation

(...) Given that the 2 parts are different mabie we need a technic horn in the ldraw library??? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  re: Followup on "Needs advice"

(...) Jim> I also like the fact that Zany's still had some 1.0 sets left. Jim> I've already called for my free* upgrade. The Zany's in Redmond, WA still has 1.0 sets left. And, it only took about a week to recieve my free upgrade! (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Dan Now that is unbelieveable! I must have missed that original posting! (URL) or anyone. What does the real Big Boy look like (from the top) when going around a tight curve? Is there a pic anywhere? Where are the pivot points? SteveB (...) axels (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) I counterpropose "lugnet.sacrilege" as an applicable newsgroup name. ;) Then again, I consider even applying the TLG/TLC approved stickers to be "sacrilege," so that may devalue my two cents in some eyes. On the other hand, some of the mods (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

(...) True, but they should have released the destroyer droid now as well because there are people here who would buy all 3, no questions asked if they found them. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  FS: Metroliner 4558 in MIB

This set is complete with all parts still in factory bags.Never opened, never played with parts.The box is in great condition.The tab on the side of the box has come unglued and that is why it in MIB condition.This set is very close to a MISB (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

(...) (URL) usually quite good, although it came up with this (Marco): "From the great societies us puo' not to expect better null. Not six successful one to knowing if them they have rispediti to the society mother or if they have destroyed them?" (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.eu)

  Exploration Mars missing?

Hi, Using RIS 1.5. It looks as if at some day Exploration Mars was an optional expansion kit. Don't seem to be able to buy it anymore, any experience with it? Regards, Bert. (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Cool Y2K set observations

(...) I opted against buying it for that reason. Wait for sale time! (...) This is cool; I can give some of my BT-I guys "normal" visors now. :) (...) The Slave-I has two in light grey, and two of those jackhammer handles! I'm also happy about all (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: K stands for........

(...) Same here. The headquarters are still in Troy, MI. Having grown up right next door in Southfield, it was right up there with J. L. Hudson and various auto companies (a far second, though) as a possible career point. I don't think the "K" is (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Um.....What?

(...) Really? That's what MOC means? I've always read it as "Model Of Choice." (...) Yeah. I'd be happy to do it for a premium, but alas...it would probably double the cost! -LFB (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Brad Justus <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message news:FMwGur.E6n@lugnet.com... (...) ... (...) matter. (...) by (...) for, (...) of (...) company (...) the (...) patent (...) in (...) steps (...) Thanks for the clarification. I was the guilty (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Upcoming LEGO sale at Zany Brainy's

(...) Last sale I saw at Zany specifically excluded Mindstorms. It is almost certain to do so again. Bruce (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: help! trying to pose mini-fig arms

I'd like to thank everyone who responded to my request for assistance. THANK YOU! :-) Franklin Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com | (URL) OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED. . . (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Followup on "Needs advice"

Thanx to the many emails (rather quickly I might add) I've decided to run down to Zany's and pick up another RIS 1.0 set. After several of you pointed out the cost difference of just a brick and then buying more sensors and motors, it made sense to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SW Lego Contest Winners Announced and Voting Available

Hey Joel- (...) I loved Ben's MF too--but I've got to say that I was really impressed with a lot of the solutions you came up with, yet still kept it absolutely beautiful...especially the cockpit solution, which looks really good (despite having to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Upcoming LEGO sale at Zany Brainy's

Howdy all, While I was at Zany's purchasing my RIS 1.0 set. I overheard the counter folks mention that starting on Sunday *ALL* LEGO will be 30% off. So watch for those sales flyers in your Sunday paper. Zany has always been very good at giving a (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Old Parts replaced by Newer Versions?

(...) I (...) has (...) Actually Chris, I think I have either all three versions or at least the last two in gray. The delicate ones came with 2 Space Dart-Is I bought over a 15-year span. Ironically, it was a thicker, more durable clip that I had (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) And so a rather uninformed US judge has recently ruled. I don't suppose anyone wants to relocate the lugnet server to anywhere else but Australia or Hongkong? I think it's a _very_ sad day to see Lego take this stance. To get my position clear (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Gungan "energy ball" ammo (was "Re: Updated again")

(...) Too big, IMHO. I like them being blue cylinders--I use those a lot more, and it means that I have plenty of ammo already in my collection. :) best, LFB (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) Possibly true. But: 1) I don't want to see people kicked off of LUGnet over it. 2) More importantly, by tacitly allowing claims like this, we lose our freedoms. I know, that sounds melodramatic. But: the "you have to go through our front (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Next year's catalogue yet anyone?

Which European country will be first this year, I wonder? Lat year it was Holland, If my memory serves... Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.eu)

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:FMwICB.ID3@lugnet.com... (...) Oh, I forgot the 'launch' slopes' raised baseplates which are studless. Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:FMwICB.ID3@lugnet.com... (...) available (...) I have not yet built it, but a cursory glance through the bags reveals only one new part, which we have already seen pictures of: the 3x5 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Burp Adventure Pack For Sale!

(...) (after shipping) for a single BURP? Heck, I'll start a reverse auction right here - I'll ship BURPs (in dark grey or grey, square or triangle) for $5.00 each. Any takers? ;-) (...) Not against the T&C at all. The only portion of the T&C which (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: The wife problem

Ian Bishop <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:JEjHttAuJWV4Eww...n.co.uk... (...) In December the best one is to pretend that the large bag of next year's sets you are bringing in from the car might have her christmas present in, so (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: using "lego" in domain names

(...) It's always nice to hear when people are using our databases and finding them useful. A note on currency of data though, just so you know. Our information comes directly from data tapes from the US PTO and is updated weekly. This information (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) <snipped bulk of well-thought out post> I agree with you in principle, but I think you're making too much out of this. LEGO is not the first company to claim more copyright protection than they may be entitled to, or can enforce, and they also (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Burp Adventure Pack For Sale!

Everyone's favorite set, the Burp Adventure Pack is available on e-bay, but without instructions or box. Check it out at (URL) OK. It's probably against LUGNET terms of use to post an announcement of someone else's auction, but I couldn't resist (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) having it be a brick will make it easier to make a carbon freezing chamber- it will fit into a slot better. I'm playing with some ideas- Han goes down, turn it around and up pops frozen Han. Any other ideas on how to do this? Chris (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) Well, space helmets have to be removed before you can turn your astronauts' heads, which in the vacuum of space isn't very practical, either! 8^) Dave! (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) I feel good. And, I knew that I would! Mike (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) How insulting! (...) Actually, the paint could wear off. Then you'd be fresh out of a Han Solo carbonyte piece, or a stupid-looking one, at that. Mike (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) <Snipped muchly> I don't precisely like it as is, but I'm fairly certain I would get positively *sick* of it the other way (as a molded sarcaphogus type piece). I mean, as is, I can at least us it as a brick - the other way, it's never going (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

(...) IMHO, I don't agree. I'd surely be quite upset finding a non-english (and non-italian of course :-) message in loc.eu I see cross-posting as a great advantage, but I can't see the advantage of writing in other languages in this NG... Every (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: c'e' gente simpatica in giro che non ha nulla di buono da fare

(...) "Just a polite enlightenment." dice Eric. In effetti, non ho trovato minimamente offensivo il suo post, che anzi può esserci utile per ricordare di controllare il cross-posting. Aggiungo come parere personale che mi darebbe abbastanza fastidio (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Slave-I factoids!

(...) I'm going to don my asbestos armor here and say that I *like* the way they did Han in carbonite. It feels very... lego-correct, whereas a complicated molded piece would be... clunky. I dunno. I still haven't seen the set (augh!) so I'll shut (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ritocchi al sito ItLUG

(...) Netscape 4.5 Italiano. Stesso problema. Ciao Giulio (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Lego Electric Clutch

(...) Closest thing that comes to mind is the #5120 Polarity Switch - that would be a mechanical way to control electric power. LEGO had a Technic set (#8082) a couple of years ago with directions to a model that used a micro-motor to turn the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pubblicizzare ItLUG nei negozi?

(...) Bene, cambialo pure :-) Scherzo, voglio dire, se credi che modificato possa andare meglio, sei libero di farlo; non credo che necessariamente il volantino debba essere identico in tutta Italia. Magari ognuno di noi può integrarlo, se ha tempo (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I don't think that MLCad is able to show anything but X'es for sub-models (= document) at this moment. Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen ___...___ E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk ICQ: 38701158 J G Gregory <jgg@ultranet.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Thank you for your response -- we appreciate it. (...) I can agree with and respect your other points, especially regarding the retailer's catalog. That makes sense. However, this one doesn't. There is no legal precedent for this, but this sort of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

Yep, and I'll respect that statement. But I certainly WON'T agree with it. Putting pics on an open website and then saying "hey don't look at those" is NOT the way to run a website. Don't put them there in the first place, if you don't want them (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 LEGO

(...) I'm keeping my eyes open for the Star Wars sets, but I'm not really in any hurry. Just as well, I don't need to spend the money yet. doubt -- Douglas Triggs -- doubt@lensflare.com -- "Come, muse, let us sing of rats!" Sysadmin, Astronomer, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Lego Electric Clutch

Is there a such thing as a Lego (Electric) clutch ? This could reduce the number of motors required .. Thanks in advance Sandeep (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Another new group idea

(...) Oooo, good idea. Especially since clone brands are *off*-topic, they're more like, well, anti-topic. ;) Steve (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "Fixing" movable dividers in Plano boxes

I've completed my experiments with Goop. It's an adhesive that comes in many different iterations (I've used the "shoe" and "automotive" varieties and they both seemed like the same... er... goop) and claims itself to be "stronger than glue!" if you (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) The original loader.c doesn't compile, due to O_ASYNC (and other stuff) - worked around in the patch for Windows folks. No help there ... I did some poking and experimentation, and here's a tad more info: - The "Invalid argument" error happens (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Another part variation

(...) Augh! You're right! I've got three different versions, right here on my desk. Specifically, I've got: Brown tree trunks, height = 44LDU, no internal teeth/tabs Brown tree trunks, height = 40LDU, no internal teeth/tabs Black tree trunks, height (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: (Failed) Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows

(...) The original loader.c doesn't compile, due to O_ASYNC (and other stuff) - worked around in the patch for Windows folks. No help there ... I did some poking and experimentation, and here's a tad more info: (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate

(...) I've heard from a couple of friends of mine who run online computer "stores" that their merchant agreements specifically forbid charging before shipment. Wouldn't know that to see what some companies do, though. (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Two Year Before the Mast

Back in March of '93, when I had justed returned Stateside from my 12-month tour of duty in South Korea, I decided to reward myself -- I bought both a BSB and a SES. To this day, even though I am a rabid fan of Star Wars and spent WAY TOO MUCH money (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate

(...) Well, ultimately, Nick should *not* eat the cost. I agree that the Entertainer should, if anyone does. This was all essentially their fault anyway - the mistake, the orders needing to be cancelled, yada, yada, yada... (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Help with IR receive

thanks for the help. I just breadboarded the circuit with the RC circuit and the instability has gone away. Now I have to get the extra components on to the HB :) see the datasheet for details: (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: TRU.com slow response

(...) I did get 8 of a set instead of 9 but today I'm going to the UPS center to pick up what I think may be a duplicate shipment that order. I've gotten slow delivery and very speedy delivery both. (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Two Year Before the Mast

The auction-mast. I've been collecting Pirates actively for two years, essentially since the last of the Pirates line when on big-time discount at TRU. Okay, I had snagged a Renegade Runner and Imperial Flagship when they were on discount as tests (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  New sets in Dallas!

Found all of the new sets at the Plano Target on Central Expressway the only one missing was the Battle droid, and the Bwing I picked up seemed to be the last one. Nothing like going on your lunch break, hitting pay dirt, and coming back to work (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Opions on the 4561

I happen to like this set myself. Well, except for the engine that is. I think that the engine should be bigger ;) The cars on the other hand, are very cool :) Troy ----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Martin <martinsa@mail.com> Newsgroups: (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fair Play (Re: Updated again)

(...) Not to follow myself up, but I wanted to say that after reading this post: (URL) which Brad Justus clearly states that the scans of the retailer catalogue violate the Fair Play policy, my feelings on the subject have changed. I just didn't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Dust on City

(...) Ahh, your sets are new. I thought the city was displayed for a long period of time. I have a 3' x 4' castle, nowhere near the size of your town, and I put a plastic table cloth over it. And yes, I've knocked over the odd minifig... Yeah I hate (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Shaft Encoders

Can somebody provide links to Information on Shaft Encoders. Thanks Kalyan Mulampaka Software Engineer e GE Information Services ___...___ Ph#: (770) 698 4436 (O) (770) 390 0887 (R) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?

(...) Only once: a blue 1x6 beam 19 years ago. I have received a mis-printed computer screen - the classic space one with the buttons and cross-hairs. The printing on it is all askew. I rather like it, actually. Oh, and a few months ago I was (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The wife problem

(...) I like the Phony Office-Gift-Exchange trick (although it only works once a year, but every brick counts). Tell her you have to buy a $15 gift for [insert phony name here] at the office for a Secret-Santa kind of deal. Wrap it, take it to work, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) more (...) Money was a limiting factor here as well, if that makes you feel any better! (otherwise I would have bought all of them!) Now I'm just waiting for the next check to come in so I can pay my truck payment and the phone bill!! (Gotta (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need some advice please

Jim ... I'd go for the 1.0 RIS ... then get the upgrade from S@H. Have fun, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) I would like to Lego itself put ALL of the instructions and at least one photo for every set ever made on their website as a historical reference. I know some of this has been done elsewhere, but the most suitable place for it would be Lego's (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Millennium City - Go Live

No stretching was necessary as I began assembling the Town in one go. I started at the top right (City central) and finished up at the bottom left (Pinehaven). I took photo's as I went and was able to get a bus load of closeup shots as a result. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  RE: Need some advice please

Get another RIS set. What can you do with another brick, but no extra motors or sensors? Buy the time you buy 2 or 3 sensors and two motors, you will have spent at least as much as on a complete RIS set. And you don't have those 720 other Lego (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  Re: Millennium City - Go Live

For my ideas on Digital photography check out (URL) isn't a concern when the sets are in boxes ;-) Millennium City was built during a seven day period in early October then dismantled once the pictures were taken. I just don't have the room to house (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Something I forgot to ask at the NELUG meeting...

(...) fit (...) You and I are in the same boat with gigantic melons. So I'll say no to the hat, too. (...) Personally, I'd prefer a T-shirt, in black. It would make the colors of the letters stand out nicely. And oh, yeah, I'm almost always found in (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Need some advice please

Howdy all, I've decided that I'd like to get a second brick. For those that keep track of things like price per brick, sales, etc, my question is this. Would I be better off purchasing a complete RIS set (~$199) or just another brick (~$130). My (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Fair Play (Re: Updated again)

(...) While I think we all appreciate your enthusiasm for hte new Star Wars sets, and you are probably aware of BrickShelf's collection of instructions, you might not be aware of The Lego Company's specifically stated stance on posting instructions (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Wanted: Mindstorm IR Tower & cable

Lifesaver! Thank you, sir John. (and the net comes thru once again :-) -- -Steven "Nothin' But Net!" "John Gerlach" <john.gerlach@bestbu...om.nospam> wrote... (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Something I forgot to ask at the NELUG meeting...

Followups To LUGNET.ORG.US: I knew there was something I was forgetting to ask. I was wondering if there was any interest in some sort of NELUG shirt or other paraphernalia. (I won't say hat because those one size fits all hats don't fit my 24 inch (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.ri, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Good starting train set

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Neil Ford (<385A6E6E.7F106A75@...on.co.uk>) wrote at 17:10:06 (...) Don't do it! (...) 4565. It's still available in this country, and see the other posts about toycity. You get a proper engine, several wagons, and a goods yard (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Transparent Yellow -- dead or alive?

(...) Yup- trans yellow visors in the a wing and b wing sets. Chris (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

I thought that's what I was seeing in the (fairly small) scans posted from the US catlog. Thanks for the confirmation. I was very surprised to see that the 823x sets apparently won't be available here in the US before Christmas. They were smart to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?)

(...) LEGO made an official statement today: (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) 1) Thanks for the scans. Unfortunately.... 2) Lego just made its policy clear. They are well within their rights as I understand the situation. 3) One last look, and then I wipe the scans from my system. Sigh. I'm looking forward to the real (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Wanted: Mindstorm IR Tower & cable

(...) PITSCO sells it - item number N979713, $25. Call them at 1-800-362-4308. JohnG, GMLTC "Just happy to save Christmas, Sir..." (dump the '.nospam' to reply) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 2000 US in-box Technic catalog

Mark Koesel <koesel@umich.edu> wrote in message news:FMu5Jv.AuM@lugnet.com... (...) You are correct. Sorry :-( Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Wanted: Mindstorm IR Tower & cable

Argh! Our RIS is unable to get it's instructions because... we lost our IR tower (hanging my head in shame). (URL) says they can't sell me one in the US. Dave's book is under the tree, the oldest boy is starting to get interested in building with (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Transparent Yellow -- dead or alive?

I was going to post a lament on the apparent death of transparent yellow in lego, and its replacement by that ugly (IMHO) transparent fluorescent yellow. Trans-yellow goes a lot better with my creations, especially non-space creations, than that (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  The end of the Technic beam is nigh...

I picked up 8238 Speed Slammers today. In it are new straight beams, in the same style as the now-common bent ones (i.e. full width), in length 5 and 15 (holes) Huw (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Millennium City - Go Live

(...) I'll answer how I keep the dust off of my city-table layout. I keep a old king size bed sheet over it when I'm not displaying it. This keeps it practically dust free. John Warren (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: 2000 sets at Bluewater - details 8-)

(...) One trip to Horsham later... The big sets were quite a bit dearer: 6098 was 69.99, 7180 B Wing was 29.99, for example. I bought only sets that were roughtly comparable - I couldn't hang out any longer :-) 8000 £16 8238 £14 7104 £6 7124 £9 7134 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Thanks for the extremely clear (and reasonable) policy on catalog scans. It is now clear that the retailer catalog is not to be shared (even old ones, I guess those need to come down) in any form. I hope that everyone who has continued to offer to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 2000 scans

I love the Internet. :) Man, I dreamt last night that I found a store that had accidentally received and stocked the 2000 Adventurers Lego. Too bad I woke up... -- Paul Davidson Mark Lindsey <markwars@fcmail.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Good starting train set

Neil Ford wrote in message <385A6E6E.7F106A75@b....co.uk>... (...) Trains are hard to find on the (loacl) used market. However, when you do find one they are quite well looked after. Sets like the 4559 can be had for ~£50 or less. The good thing (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Getting LegOS 0.2.2 working on Windows (Oddities)

To Peter, Luis, and everybody else who put together the LegOS-on-Windows installation instructions: bravo! In most ways, everything worked perfect -- and on a Windows 2000 laptop, no less! There are, however, two glitches: 1 - When I run firmdl3 on (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Policy clarification regarding catalogs

Questions have been raised recently regarding our stance toward the publication (scanned and posted) of our catalogs, both those intended for consumers and those for retailers. During my visit earlier this week in Billund, and also following (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.publish) !

  Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate

Because they shouldn't have processed the charge in the first place (IMO). It's probably true that the credit card company would probably not take an actual loss anyway so that probably makes more sense. Perhaps just a peeve of mine but I don't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: TRU.com slow response

I placed 4 orders with TRU when they had their Star Wars lego sets on sale. All of them took longer then I think it warranted to get here, and some of them just got here a couple days ago! I believe (IMHO) that they listed stuff as in-stock that (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LGEO homepage ?

(...) If for some reason he has gone offline, it would be nice to be able to keep distributing the LGEO library. We could do it from ldraw.org, but 1) anyone have suggestions on getting permission and 2) anyone have the LGEO zip file? -Tim (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LGEO homepage ?

(...) Hmm, that's interesting...I just noticed yesterday that I got a bounced mail that was addressed to Lutz's address at that server... --Todd (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: e-Commerce, Entertainer, Exchange rate

(...) Why should the vendor pay? Again, I don't think the credit card company exchanges money on a daily basis. I don't think they even bill the vendor on a daily basis. Also, the vendor is dealing with their local branch of the credit card company. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Here's another absurd auction....

(URL) minimum bid, $6 shipping handling?! For a set that could be had for at most about $2... Interestingly, the same seller only charges $5 shipping and handling for a book: (URL) the difference is that they send the book book rate. (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 2000 LEGO

(...) I seem to remember that last year, distribution sort of took the form of a wave. It started out in the east and slowly (too slowly) worked it's way west. I haven't seen any yet in northern Denver (Broomfield). -Duane (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

Skipped 33 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact