 Town / 347
Re: Millennium City - Go Live
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:16:11 GMT

For my ideas on Digital photography check out
http://www.lugnet.com/publish/?n=1082

Dust isn't a concern when the sets are in boxes  ;-)  Millennium City was built
during a seven day period in early October then dismantled once the pictures
were taken.  I just don't have the room to house a LEGO Town that's almost as
big as my main Living room at the moment.

Many of the sets were assembled for the first time for the Millennium City
project.  In other words I had quite a lot of MIB sets that I opened for the
first time as I constructed the town. #6373 "Bike Shop" which appears in the
photo is a good example.

Used and second hand sets were cleaned piece by piece by hand.  I hate dust with
a passion because sets lose their sparkle once the dust settles so I went to a
great deal of trouble to cover sets that were assembled and waiting to be added
to the town.  The bulk pieces I purchased for instance the cone trees were brand
new so no cleaning was necessary.

I can't offer any advice on how to keep a town of that size dust free except
maybe replicate one of those facilities at computer chip making factories that
are completely dust free.  Two immediate problems I see with this method are:

1) %$#@!! expensive
2) You'd have to wear a suit while playing with your Town as I think the whole
room would be a vacumm.

With smaller layouts a bedsheet should do the trick.  If you can handle knocking
over the odd tree etc each time you put the cover on and take it off then dust
shouldn't be a major problem.

Sanjay

Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
The first couple of pages of the new Millennium City page have now gone
up.  First up, a picture of part of Highbury, the industrial area of the
city.  Linked from the first page is a map of the city.

Your city looks absolutely awesome!  And I could probably use a few tips on
photography from you.  :)

I have a question: Isn't dust settling over your city a concern?  How do you
deal with that?

Bryan